RTSP for FLOODLIGHT CAM V2

RTSP has been working flawlessly for my V3 cameras, what are the odds of it coming to the floodlight cams?

Replying to bump this up.

My Floodlight Cam V2 is the ONLY camera that I own without RTSP. I’m legitimately considering buying a competitor’s unit at this point.

I’m gonna bump this so the post doesn’t go stale. My v3/v3 Pan Cameras have been working great with the RTSP update.

I’m also considering switching my v2 Floodlights to a competitor (even though it would be frustrating to replace)

Agreed with the above, it would be nice if RTSP is prioritized for the floodlight camera

I would also life RTSP for my Floodlights. Please make this happen. RTSP has worked great for the V3’s and Pan’s that I have.

+1 for RTSP on Floodlight Cam V2.

The v3 / Pan v3 RTSP support is valuable because it gives users a standard local stream that can work with VLC, Blue Iris, Home Assistant, Scrypted, and lightweight local viewers/recorders.

I use SmartRTSP on iPhone/Mac for the lightweight side of that workflow: testing RTSP URLs, viewing live streams, and recording locally.

But for Floodlight Cam V2, the key requirement is still firmware-level support from Wyze. Once the camera exposes a valid RTSP URL, the rest of the ecosystem can connect to it.

+1 for this we need this

Come on Wyze!

Yelling Into The Void GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

1 Like

This is also something i must have.

Then why choose a product that doesn’t have it?

RTSP is going nowhere fast. It’s been how many months since it was reintroduced with such fanfare and basically remains a side project with barely any movement in development/improvement?

v3 and Panv3 have had both RTSP and RTSPS in production firmware for months now. v4 has it in Beta and with the timeline of the previous couple, would expect it to go production soon. I doubt every cam will get it (OG is very unlikely for example), who knows which ones (if any) will come next. Each cam has a different underlying chipset and drivers and it is probably easier to port the code into some than others.

Considering it is a free new feature that was never advertised as being supported on anything after the v3 (and even that was a “use at your own risk” unsupported firmware), can’t really complain. Can’t buy a cam then be upset that they don’t add a feature you want - buy one that supports what you need from day 1.

Becouse I was still new and learning. Now i have many reasons i wish it was included now. I rather not switch equipment if itsncoming soon for the flood light.

There is no indication that they’re working on RTSP for the floodlights. I don’t believe Wyze has stated what cam after the v4 will get it, but I suspect they’d focus on the Panv4, duo pan, window cam, maybe the bulb cam. More “traditional” cameras. But that’s just guesswork. Even if they declared the floodlight is the next one they’re woring on, the v4 took like 9 months just to get into beta, so it won’t be a near term thing.

I’d check if Tiny Cam Pro supports the floodlight cam, that’s one possible solution to get RTSP. Wyze Bridge may be also but I know they’ve lost support for a lot of cams due to the new security protocols.

Thanks

Surely, they’ll all have Matter support…:rofl: