Robot Vacuum Mop

A robot mop would be amazing! One that really mops and removes stains. There are tons of good robot vacuums on the market but I have been searching for sometime now for a good scrubbing robot mop something similar to the discontinued Irobot Scooba series and not just a robot vacuum with a damp swiffer pad attachment. There aren’t really any good options out on the market. Irobot use to have the Scooba but discontinued it for the pad pushing Braava Jet. I would pay good money for a good real robot mop.

[Mod Edit]: Title Modified to Enhance Search Clarity.

Need an automated mop like your vacuum cleaner I so would buy one I had an I Robot mop and it sucked I returned it

4 Likes

I find it fascinating that the Wyze hardware seems to be identical to the Xiaomi Vacuum-Mop P. I see that the slots for the mop attachment and the holes for the water discharge and contacts for the water tank are all present in the Wyze Vacuum. I would love it if Wyze would sell an upgrade to allow the Vacuum to mop my tile and wood floors. Wyze could sell the mop, water tank and an upgraded version of the firmware to add mopping to the existing product.

11 Likes

Would also be really interested in a robot mop to pair with my robot vacuum

5 Likes

Agreed! I have an old old iRobot Scuba and the thing was an incredible idea.

2 Likes

I would really like to see a robot mop companion for the vacuum. Wyze make this happen!!

5 Likes

I’m in for a mop conversion kit for the existing robo vac! Would purchase in a heartbeat. That being said, I would not be able to shell out for a completely new robo mop itself.

I would love a Wyze Robot Moo!
PLEASE SEARCH #wishlist and #roadmap and read the How to Use the Wishlist BEFORE POSTING.

I would love to see a Wyze Mop Robot to go along with my Wyze Vacuum Robot. Just like iRobot has the Braava Jet. Not sure how much of a modification would be needed to the vac design to end up with a mop version but I would scoop that product up as soon as it was available.

Love the Vac guys!

Another vote for a Robomop to go with my Wyze Robovac

So far, I’m very satisfied with my robot vacuum, and would love to get a robot mop of similar quality as well. I have more vinyl flooring than carpeting, so it would be a nice companion for the vacuum.

It would be great to have a Wyze Robot Mop that works with the Wyze Robot Vacuum!

1 Like

Now that Wyze Robot Vacuum is out, maybe the next product could be a Wyze Robot Mop? Same mapping system and everything. Something I was thinking about was maybe it could use cleaner and steam? I don’t think I’ve seen a robot steam mop.

3 Likes

I would like to see a Mop Attachment that fits inside where the dustbin is located. Water can be added and a mop pad attached to the bottom. With the restricted areas map, it would avoid rugs and other obstacles and give a decent cleaning on a tile or hardwood floor. I would buy said attachment in a hurry… as my old robot vac has a mop attachment but no way to ‘avoid’ things. I must pick up the floor area before ‘mopping’.

1 Like

Another great idea would be a mop. I have been using a ‘popular’ company’s mop. Its pathetic. Leaving aside the issues, what astounded me was the rust. Yes, rust. Within a month of using it, the screw in the bottom and the contacts were rusted,

I know if and when Wyze makes a mop it will be amazing. I will be the first backer.

Pradeep

I’ve looked at a variety of robotic mops out there and they all have one downside. They use a back and forth style of motion to “clean” not only does this not actually lift stains but it just spreads the mess. At CES this year I was impressed by the vibration taptic technology introduced by roborock. I was also blown away by Bissell’s dual rotating mop portion of their mop and vacuum combo. Personally I’d like to have a separate vacuum and mop robot that work together seamlessly and cohesively through software (when to start or stop, map layout shared, no go lines and restricted zones given an option to be uploaded or integrated). It would also have to have some sort of wicking to allow cleaning liquid (not just water) to be dispensed evenly throughout the process. It doesn’t necessarily need to be controlled electronically (fluid dispense) but open to that being an option! An added perk that’s I’d like to see but not necessarily need is the ability to buy disposable and/or reusable pads

2 Likes

I also would prefer to have the vacuum and mop as separate, but working together as @tylerjackson96 described. At the very least, I would be satisfied if I could setup the vacuum to clean my kitchen, and then when it finishes, it triggers the mop to go into action for the same area.

I have 2 models of the iRobot mops so have some experience (not impressed). Here are my 2 cents

1. It should squirt water or cleaning fluid
  2. Big Big wheels.
  3. The water container should be big
  4. Able to control the amount of water that is squirted out
  5. The cleaning pad should be microfiber or some tough cleaning material.

Love the wyze robovac and its lidar tech. Are you considering a robo-mop? Please do soon! It should have a decent water /detergent storage capacity, durable, washable, interchangeable mop pads for multiple surface types and be able to detect and avoid carpets and other fabric on the floor :slight_smile:

So I was just emptying my dust bin, and picked it up to check the wheels. When I put it back down adn bumped it back against the charger I SWEAR it said ‘water tank installed’ ‘water tank removed’… I put the dust bin back in and it was happy again.

2 Likes