Reinstated my WYZE camera

I reconnected one of my WYZE cameras again after it being inactive for some years. The camera(s) are 5 years old. It works fine, but would like this camera to be stationery and fixed on the subject only and not on all other subjects in the room. I managed to find how to do this, but the camera turns off and leaves the last picture there. I just don’t want the camera moving when someone walks into the room. Is there a way for it to be left on 'live," and not have the camera rotate? Your help would be very much appreciated. Thank you! -Ella

Are you just looking at the camera from the main page? That only shows a thumbnail unless you enter the device page to see the live view. You could make a group and add the camera to it, then when you enter the group the camera would show you a live view.

Disable motion tracking and pan scan, then the camera will remain stationary unless your pan or tilt it yourself with the app.

2 Likes

“Disable motion tracking and pan scan, then the camera will remain stationary unless your pan or tilt it yourself with the app.”

But does camera show movement of a person. I want to use the camera as a baby monitor, w/o the camera movement at all. Thank you much for your help.
-Ella

If you disable the Motion Tracking feature, the cam will not move (pan or tilt) when there is movement within the frame, regardless of what \ who causes that movement. It will remain pointed at the field of view you set in the app until you manually move it.

If you disable the Pan Scan feature, the cam will not move between the programmed waypoints searching for movement and objects. It will remain pointed at the field of view you set in the app.

If you enable the Motion Tagging, the Event Videos (CamPlus & Lite) and the recorded SD Card Playback video will contain the green motion tagging box when the cam detects motion.