Re-Adding Cam Pan to App after Deleting - Solid Yellow Light - Wont Factory Reset

I had the same issue as some of you. Yellow light, and would not initialize or reset.
I flashed it with version 4.10.6.193, but that did not help. Same symptoms.
I then flashed it with the older version 4.10.6.156 and and it works again.
In retrospect, I now realize my issue started happening shortly after upgrading to that version. Seems there is an issue with version 193.

2 Likes

I’m having the same solid yellow light issue with my new wyze cam pan. I did the initial set up and everything went fine. I got the notification that new firmware was available, so I did the procedure and received a “firmware update failed”. The camera would no longer respond and the light remains solid yellow. I have flashed the firmware to no avail. I tried this with two different versions ( 4.10.6.156 and 4.10.6.193) … neither have worked. I removed the camera from my Wyze app and now, of course, I can’t add it back in because the camera will not progress to the “Ready to Connect” step. I have tried every suggestion listed but still just have a solid yellow light. Help!

1 Like

Same issue I performed all suggested fixes then made a tech support ticket he made me do it all again was told my camera was over warranty by three months. :wastebasket:

I had the same issue, so I used an older version and it’s working now.

Update, after a few days, cam stopped responding again running version 4.10.6.156. After power cycle, I noticed the LED on the cam is a little dimmer than normal. I switched to another USB power supply and the cam started working normal again and normal LED brightness. As a test, I switched back to the Wyze USB power supply and the cam did not boot. Switched back to another USB power supply and cam working again. It seems the Wyze power supply that came with the camera is failing. My cam has now been running correctly for days on a different power supply. I will soon try version 4.10.6.193 again.

The USB power supply may be damaged. Try another USB power supply.

If you dont have another USB power supply, as a test you can even plug it into a computer/laptop usb port to see if the cam runs normally. If so, you need a new USB power supply for the cam.

I just thought I would chime in here… I had the same issue with a camera going to a solid yellow light and not allowing a reset of any kind. This makes my second camera to do this. The first one, I ended up throwing in the garbage because I was pissed having to spend so much time troubleshooting with nothing working. :unamused: The second one, I was able to get the Firmware Flash to work. It was up and running again in about 10-15 minutes. I have several cameras and the two failures (bricks) that I have experienced have been from the very same spot and were daisy-chained from the same original camera. Coincidence?.. Who knows? Bottom line, the directions provided above Flashing Firmware for Wyze Cam v2 & Pan Cam work, provided you follow exactly step-by-step. :slightly_smiling_face:

One by one mine are failing, so much for 20 dollar cameras. Seems like they only last a little over a year. Honing to have to cancel all my preorders now if this is all they last. Two of my other cam v2 have now shown a pink tint to the video. Hopefully there is an actual fix to this from wyze, as it seems like a common issue. 14 cams and now 4 down. Roughly 30 percent failure rate is not good. $20 dollar cameras are too good to be true I suppose.

I just received a Cam Pan this evening. It wanted to update the firmware during the initial setup and after a minute or two, it said the update failed. Now it’s stuck with the solid yellow light. I can’t get it to do anything. I’ve tried the newest firmware 4.10.6.199, I’ve tried the RTSP and 4.10.6.156. Not a single thing that I do has any effect. Just the solid yellow light!!! So frustrating for something brand-new, right out of the box. Not a great way to start a relationship with a company…

I guess I should have read this forum first and not believe what I hear on a national radio show.

Let’s see what support says, but it sounds like I need a new camera that might last a year. I’d probably be better off ordering another from Amazon that I’ll get tomorrow and returning this one.

Mine is the same way. I’ve done the rest, delete. Tried to re add and it will not respond to anything. I plug it in and just has a solid yellow. Worked fine then just stopped 6 month ago. Sucks, I guess it done for. :angry: