Push Notifications Stopped Working

This is a Cam Plus issue also. Wyze is aware of the issue, and is researching the cause.

2 Likes

So you resort to fear mongering. Nice going :clap: :clap: :clap:

If I donā€™t have paranoia, I wouldnā€™t be buying security cameras to watch my house. :wink:

Thanks for the update. If this issue is widespread, can Support put out an update on ā€œ Service Status & Known Issuesā€?

1 Like

I will ask about that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Subbed as I am also having this issue.

Any official word on the push notifications!??

I fail to see how spreading false rumours is helping your paranoia

Iā€™ve tested my cams a few times in the past hour or so, and they seem to be working again. However, no one has said the issue is fixed for everyone yet (if itā€™s actually fixed for me).

So you may want to do a quick test. Be sure to check your camera settings first, as you may do like me and turn off motion detection (or ā€œall other motionā€) at night. Right now I seem to be getting captures, identifications, and notifications.

If you have issues you can post here, but please send wyzedesmond a DM with the MAC Address of the device, the time and timezone of your failed event, and what you see as a problem.

Nope, still no notifications on any of my 5 cameras but events are still being captured.

1 Like

Unfortunately itā€™s still failing for my V2 and V3 Cam. Sent WyzeDesmond a message with more info.

1 Like

Join the club. Mine quit working as well.

So yesterday my OG cameras arrived so I moved my Cam Plus licenses around to do tests, thatā€™s when I noticed the notification problem on Cam Plus Lite cameras, and it was pretty reproducible until this morning before I went to work. I just did some tests (after 9 hours), now even cameras on Cam Plus are not working. Only cameras without any subscription can do notification.

Just want to provide my observation. Hope it can be fixed soon.

2 Likes

All cams not sending push notifications since 5p EST.

1 Like

For me, since 8am EST.

We arenā€™t sure what triggers the issue; may be playing with any Cam Plus (or Lite) settings.

I just had a couple missed notifications, so I am not fixed. I DMā€™d Desmond my Mac Addresses and Times.

I doubt this helped, but I also power cycled my cameras earlier today. I wonder because they worked for a time, but they are back to failing again ATM. I think a power-cycle can get you a different AWS server, if one server is where this issue lies. Always worth a shot, anyway. :wink:

Power cycling did not work for my V3ā€™s

3 Likes

Appreciate the regulars on here who put in the work. A lot of folks get into the weeds with the troubleshooting however. I donā€™t mess around with my settings, ever. I have a very simple ā€œgive me a push notice for eventsā€ set up for all cameras (V2/3 and outdoor V1). Thatā€™s all. My events are logging as they should be, just not pushing alerts to my mobile devices. This happens periodically, say every two or three months and lasts anywhere from half a day to a few days. Then like magic everything starts working again with no effort on my end and something ends up on the forums like an acknowledgment about AWS being down, server issues or both.

3 Likes

Iā€™m noticing that my Cam Plus lite cams are getting notifications Ianā€™s the rest that donā€™t have it arenā€™t getting them at all.

1 Like

Iā€™m still not getting notifications. I got them Thursday night but havenā€™t since. Iā€™ve removed rules, readded the rules, turned notifications off in app, by device, and on my phone, then back on. Iā€™ve restarted the cameras. Iā€™m still get events. Just figured Iā€™d join the crowd.

1 Like