Protected Mailbox Drop

I could really use a mailbox that has a trash can within the mailbox. I receive mail notifications prior to the mail arrival. Today’s notification indicates all items received are junk mail. There is no need to visit the mailbox today. It would be nice to move the mail to another compartment out of view to prepare for the next day’s delivery. If by chance, some important was delivered, I could check the trash when I physically empty the trash can. I live on a forty-acre lot and the mailbox is two miles away.

Thanks.

Please make sure you vote for your Wishlist item as the system does not add your vote for you.

1 Like

Well that is a nifty idea! Would also be useful when on vacation to just have all mail drop below and just get it all when you get back!

3 Likes

I did not think about that use for vacations. That is a great idea.

3 Likes

This first sounded silly to me BUT if you were to simply rephrase it as a “protected compartment drop” it makes much more sense. (Someone could come up with a catchier phrase.) There could be all kinds of uses to protect/acknowledge accumulated mail, whether or not you intend to ultimately trash it.

2 Likes

There are tons of products on the market that mechanically secure the mail in a locked compartment. Here’s just one example:

Given that this is Wyze’s “year of the camera”, I would not get your hopes up for Wyze to produce this anytime soon. The above is probably your best bet in the mean time.

6 Likes

Very good idea. My initial and main concern was discarding junkmail. Version 0.1 involved a flamethrower but that might cause insurance issues and lawsuits.

If I had any marketing experience, I might have thought of your idea. I am more of a problem solver (tech) with a focused, tunnelvision approach to resolution. I am always open to other’s opinions after the fact.

2 Likes

So would you like me to change the Wishlist Title?

3 Likes

Amazon is amazing. I should have looked there first. Or even tried Google.

I was going with the Wyze option because they are inexpensive and could make anything. Maybe I could use the gun safe as a mailbox? :rofl:

I like the mailbox on Amazon for $123. I need to provide an easy drop-off for the postman or postwoman. The $1499 model is a bit costly. Guess I need to check to learn if it is okay with the Post Office.

Thanks for your suggestion.

2 Likes

Sure. If you think it would help. It might get more attention and cover more options.

Please leave the context (body) of my post unchanged. It might show how the concept started and grew to something more.

Thanks.

1 Like

Well what fun is that? We want a cool little electronically controlled trap door that we can complain about when it stops responding in the app. :wink:

I guess I’d “vote” for “Protected Mailbox Drop”…

3 Likes

I agree. I am going to change it

EDIT

Title Changed

4 Likes

And wouldn’t you know they come out with a gamer headset? :thinking:

1 Like

It was already in the pipeline before the decision to focus on cameras this year.

2 Likes

I use the USPS informed delivery and get emailed pictures of my daily mail. Might save you tripnto mailbox.

Yes and @ssummerlin does too. That was his or her whole point.

1 Like

I’m just not going to trash mail w/o looking at it first so a separate compartment would be a waist. I just want not have to go to the mailbox if nothing of interest has arrived. The USPS Informed Delivery does that for me and cost nothing. It also does not need a battery, or maintenance.

You could rummage through the box before placing in the trash. I think you meant “waste”. I already use that notification, but thanks.

That’s good for you but maybe not everyone. Others might want the ability to secure all mail without having to pick it up right away (most larger apartment buildings work that way but your local mailman might not want to rummage for your ranch house mailbox key). And the existing secure box solutions cited above do NOT need a battery or maintenance… Choices are good. :slight_smile:

1 Like