No Mail for you

This is why I never leave anything in the mail box at night. Now I’ll have to post :raccoon: guards in that area.

8 Likes

This is just crazy, crime in America has gone off the rails . Stealing mail now ?

I’m glad you have a camera their , I’d set up a contact sensor or a wco in their just in case to keep an eye out on the mailbox when it’s opened or to record whoever opens it .

I replaced my old mailbox with a locked mailbox , especially for this scenario .

I’m glad their wasn’t anything in their and they didn’t get off with anything . Let the neighbors know too , can’t even leave mail in the mailbox nowadays :exploding_head:

1 Like

What are your settings on Night Vision and IR on that camera?

:open_mouth::triumph:. Just sad….

2 Likes

Night vision is off. I think the flood light on, the car head lights on and the V3 Pro spot light on confuse the camera and make it darker. This is from 13 minutes earlier. Maybe I’ll test it tonight with the cam spot light off since I have the a dual LED flood light on the left of the garage door.

5 Likes

Front & back plates well illuminated, these kids don’t seem concerned at all. Almost as if consumer cams (must be presumed present these days) are no deterrent? :thinking:

1 Like

It’s California, no deterrent for anything. You can steal anything that is less than $950.00 without consequences over $950.00 you may get your hand slapped at best. Plates were well lighted but the cam can’t read them on that moving car at 25 feet.

1 Like

Justice? Gascón with the Wind*, I guess… :unamused:

1 Like

I agree with the author of this video when he says don’t make a spike strip. The video is for educational purposes only.

1 Like

Yeah the neighbors that turn around in front of my house, the mail truck, Ups, FedEx, Amazon and all the other delivery vehicles would love that I could stretch it across the drainage area with a sign saying
“You Shall Not Pass” (6 PM - 6AM ) :rofl:

5 Likes

Submit that video to the Postal Inspector of the US Postmaster General. That is an immediate federal felony offense even if they find an empty box. It is called Tampering and they do not play nice with offenders. They also have very broad federal jurisdiction and authority that local police can only dream of.

3 Likes

My brother said to press and addressed envelope onto the tang of a rat trap bait tab and put it in the middle of the box at night with the bait area facing to door, after the mail carrier leaves of course. They would probably destroy the mail box but it would be a fun video to watch. :rofl:

3 Likes

Akin to the ‘redneck doorbell,’ I reckon… :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have decided that I will leave the spotlight on the V3 Pro off. The area being viewed has a street light and also my motion LED flood lights. The recordings are much brighter when the spot does not turn on. This guy is harmless, he delivers the newspaper to the guy across the street early in the AM.

3 Likes

If I were me I would’ve left the spotlight on ,I have 7 v3’s around the outside of my house all with spotlights turned on from dusk to dawn

I like to let people know theirs cameras their , works as a deterrent

There is a big difference in brightness. My cam is visible from the street if they bother to look.

1 Like

I would load the video but it appears all my night videos recorded from playback play at 4X speed :astonished: The playback on the SD is normal speed, the recorded version is FAST. Same newspaper guy the other day. :rofl: Spotlight on

1 Like

Forgot to ask. Is the topic title a Seinfeld reference? :upside_down_face:

The Soup Nazi.

2 Likes

Again, insert Benny Hill music🤣

Yeah that video is from 14 Feb, the one I recorded from playback this morning was just as fast or faster? The daytime ones seem to work ok. The SD had about 100GB on it so I saved what I wanted and formatted it a few min. ago just for fun. Here is the video I recorded from playback this morning’s action movie.