Problems with V2 firmware 4.9.5.36

I’m not seeing connection issues either. I was about to suggest also that it might be a coincidental server issue.

Mines 1 of 2 cams. Maybe some other issue

I’m not affected, but I suggest roll out a “new firmware”, which is a copy of the more stable, older firmware. That way everybody “upgrades” to a stable version without having to do a manual firmware flash.

Edit – or have a way for the app to go back to al older firmware when problems like this arise. Not everyone is thrilled doing manual flashing. Or get a ladder to take a camera down from the roof. :frowning:

I am amazed by the inconsistencies of who sees problem. It’s like there are different sets of firmware.

I see zero problems with my fw before or after the update.

Just for kicks I sat down with Ipad and Iphone on the same network, at the same spot side-by-side, at the same time, and connected to the same cam (one of the ones giving me connectivity issues) as close to simultaneously as I could. I get two different signal strengths for the same cam. I thought the signal strength was supposed to be a measure of strength at the Cam not the device. Shouldn’t they be the same?

Ihave 2 cameras that are both within 3 feet, line of sight, from the main router that covers a 3000sq foot home and none read at 100% signal. I have another camera about 30 feet away from the cheapest repeater you could ever find in 2013, with walls in between, and that one reads 100%. I wouldn’t trust that to be too accurate.

1 Like

I don’t but I would like to know just what that number is supposed to tell us.

When triggering a sensor. my V2 captures the smart video clip ok. When I click on the smart video, it opens and plays ok. But if I hit Playback, the camera jumps to the current date and time and says No video for the current time

Ticket 380731

I have 6 cameras, after updating one to the latest it bricked. Tried firmware flashing etc nothing works. It was working perfectly before the update.

After my initial problems, my camera seems to be more stable now. The problem didn’t start immediately after upgrade, but about 6 hrs later and continued through the next day.
But yesterday and now, I am NOT having the same connection problems I had earlier. I made no changes.

Have several cameras not working properly after the update, tried powering off, nothing. I tried manually resetting one and it still does not work. Says connection failed. I’m really hoping this update did not brick my cameras. I’m still getting events on the cameras but I can’t view the live stream, I get error code 20027.

Update: a few hours later the cameras seem to be working normally.

1 Like

I upgraded and now the connection is constantly dropping off. The video freezes. Absolutely unwatchable. Never had this problem before the update. And yes it is the update because I watch the footage constantly all day everyday (as I am monitoring my elderly father) and it was fine before the update and now it’s bad.

Is there a way to roll back to the previous firmware? This update is terrible for me.

I guess I shouldn’t say that I know it’s the updates fault but I wasn’t experiencing problems until after I updated.

I will try resetting my modem and will reset my father’s when I next go over there. I will also view footage on a different device. To rule out my specific tablet being the problem.

Hello there…so with MY update a couple days ago…i can’t view my cams when I’m away from home BUT I will get motion detection…BUT when I’m at home I can view them live perfectly fine…any ideas??

Adding to this, I have 6 V2s in one location that have been solid for many months running 4.9.4.169. I used the “update multiple” tool in the iOS app to attempt to update them all to 4.9.5.36 (freshman mistake, I know). Now, none of them will remain connected to the cloud for more than a minute or two after either being rebooted (unplug-replug), or after powercycling my router (whose firmware has also not changed in a long time). I’m able to use the app to connect to each camera individually, and video feeds look fine (as they should, all have 65% signal strength or better). It’s just cloud connectivity that broke (so, no notifications , remote commands, etc).

The update tool never told me that the cameras successfully upgraded, and when I tried to run the manual upgrade tool on one camera at a time, it told me it failed. All cameras are still reporting (again, via the app) that they’re running the old firmware version.

Any advice on what else to try (or wait for) aside from manually reinstalling an old FW version via SD card?

I am having this issue as well. It started today. I usually check cameras throughout the day. I do not recall this issue yesterday. I did the 5.36 firmware update over the weekend and did not have an issue then. I believe 4 or 5 of my 17 cameras are working. The rest are registering 20027.

Considering that it seems only part of the fleet is affected, could it be something authentication-related? I’ve seen this behavior with other IoT devices where the client certificate expired, invalidating a few weeks’ worth of devices from the production line. Do we have any additional information about what error 27 means other than “it won’t connect?”

1 Like

My two Cam Pan units were working perfectly until the upgrade. Now they both look out the windows without moving. They are able to “see” movement but their lack of movement severely undermines and limits their initial purpose. I upgraded both as well as my V2 Cam which is still working and reporting fine.
The cams have a 100% Wi-Fi signal strength.
I have reset the two cams in question several times but it’s as if their panning motor has stopped receiving signals. If watching in the Live Stream mode, I can touch the screen of my phone and the cameras will follow my finger swipe but left to their own, stationary cameras is it.
Hopefully a Fix for this will be forthcoming.

Thank you!

My initial problems seem to worked themselves out for the most part. I can now connect to the live feed. And the freezing has stopped. The feed seems more jerky than before. And the video lags more behind the audio than it used to be

I had to amend this post. I was blaming playback problems on the cloud storage but it dawned on me that the playback problems I was experiencing was when I was viewing footage on my SD card, which is horrendous with video and audio being way out of sync.

Last night I looked through the settings for each camera and found that the panning motion had been turned off. They were both working before the upgrade/update. I am the only one controlling any settings with the cameras. Could the upgrade have inadvertently changes the settings?

I changed the settings back to where they were and tested both pan cams and they responded nicely.
Back in business but that update has me concerned.

1 Like