Power Cable DOA

Anyone else get a power cable that was dead on arrival?

I just got my Wyze cam today and the provided power cable wouldn’t turn the camera on. I also plugged the cable into my phone to see if it would charge it. It wouldn’t. I used another cable I had laying around the house to do the initial setup. I also tested the provided power block to charge my phone and it seemed to work ok.

I have had one go bad after 3 months but never on arrival :slightly_frowning_face:

Keep in mind that this forum is primarily a user to user community. If you don’t get a helpful reply here, I suggest you file a support request including the log files for more help. You might want to go ahead and submit your ticket now as there is somewhat of a backlog. If you end up getting the issue resolved before support contacts you, then you can always let them know that it’s already resolved.

Just an update on this - I submitted a support request the same day of my original post, May 2nd. I Didn’t get a response from support. The following Monday, I contacted Wyze via Facebook Messenger. Cat took my information and immediately replied to support request email. She requested a new power cable be sent to me. I received it today and it works perfectly. I feel like support was a a little slow and I shouldn’t have needed to reach out again about my issue, but overall I’m satisfied with the service.

I also received a new Wyzecam v2 that will not power on (no lights, nothing). I submitted a help request but they emailed back and said it would be 1-3 business days before they can help (today is Saturday). Would it hurt to try plugging the cable into a usb hub (connected to my Mac) in order to see if the power plug is the problem? I tried a different USB cable (same wall plug) and it didn’t work either.

I tried the cable that came with my camera with two other power blocks as well as the one the camera came with. I also used my own USB cable with the supplied power block - this did work. I would try a mix of different power blocks and USB cables to see where the issue is.

You can plug the camera into the hub or even directly into your computer without any issue. That would suck if you got a DOA camera, but I’m sure Wyze will take care of you.

I’m now on the fifth business day after submitting a help request last weekend and have had no response from Wyze. I tried calling them but the recording said “no agents were available at this time”. I am getting a little discouraged.

My understanding is the wait is 5 - 7 business days at this current time. What is your support ticket number?

I tried again and was able to talk to Jason who is sending a replacement. So I’m looking forward to receiving it! I didn’t find a telephone number until I Googled it. The support ticket number was 225737. – So all is good.

Glad to hear that! :slight_smile:

Mine wasn’t DOA, but about 3 months later.

Camera and sensors worked like@ charm out of he boxes, but about 2 months later, they started going off-line regularly. I would reset, but within 4 hours, back off line. I changed locations, SD cards, deleted and reinstalled without any luck. I cha bed the power source to another cable ( not wyze), and it’s been up and running consistently for 2 weeks now.

Interesting. Wyze sent me a new power cable and it has been flawless since. I’ve been considering getting a Pan cam for security purposes.