Possible Defective Wyze Cam Outdoor

I have a brand new wyze cam outdoor starter kit and auxiliary camera. one camera connects and always displays video data. The other camera has great difficulty connecting and displaying video data. And it wont charge fully. This happens when both cameras are located next to each other, so i am pretty sure it’s the camera. Exiting the app, power cycling the camera and reboothing the router works sometimes. Pretty sure this camera is defective. How do I exchange it?

1 Like

Welcome to the forums! Have you tried connecting support yet? Sounds like this is an issue for them to work out.

1 (844) 999-3226 or (206) 339-9646 Available Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT and Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT

Can also check out the Support pages for troubleshooting tips, but any return or exchange questions contacting Support is your best direction to go.

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us

2 Likes

Hi @lteitelb welcome to the Community Forum!

Open a support ticket by clicking this link: Open a Support Ticket

• Scroll down to the bottom of page
  • Contact Us
  • Choose supprt topic , Orders Returns Accounts
2 Likes

The link takes me to the chatbot. How will I know if Wyze support sees my issue?

1 Like

Many users are experiencing the same issue with one camera connecting and another not able to connect and show live stream. Search “Outdoor cam not showing video” for posts from many others with same experience. It is either defective hardware or a software issue, not sure it will make you feel better but you are not alone.

1 Like

Has Wyze addressed this issue at all? See tons of posts about it but haven’t seen any resolutions except contact the support team (who don’t help, just make you jump through hoops after tons of emails back and forth).

1 Like

Hi @lteitelb The link takes me to the chatbot.

• OK so go to Orders and Returns
  • Type your question as “Defective Camera” or the Kiwi ate my homework. It doesn’t really matter.
  • Then, just say NO to all the answers, suggestions, questions.
  • At the end you get the option to open an eMail Support Ticket and
    state the actual problem, etc. Keep it brief and on point.

e.g New Camea, difficulty & intermittent connections, video drop out, will not fully charge.

1 Like

@5983357 Can you post your Support Ticket number?

1 Like

Thanks so much Dr. Know. They sure don’t make it easy to submit a ticket.

1 Like

Do you work for Wyze?

1 Like

Hi @5983357 No we are volunteers who just like to help out.

Ok thanks for your help. Cool to see community that helps out but I’m not comfortable giving out ticket numbers. who knows what people can get from them these days. I’ll wait to see what they say

1 Like

No worries @5983357.
If you aren’t getting response from Support we can notify up the chain and ref. your ticket number. If any personal identifing information is posted on Forum, Moderators :man_superhero: will swoop in and delete it. :bat:

1 Like

I work for Insight.com

Mavens/Mods do not have access to the ticketing system. Like @dr.know said, we can get fresh eyes to check on it’s status if you haven’t heard anything in a bit, to make sure it’s getting to the right team, etc. We are only the messagers. :slight_smile:. If you change your mind, let one of us Mavens know and we’ll be glad to inquire for ya.

1 Like

I am having almost this identical issue. My ticket number is 837491

I cannot see live video from my Wyze Cam Outdoor. The app gets to “getting video data” and times out. I have tried closing the app, power cycling the camera, power cycling the base unit, and even removing and adding the devices to my account.

I did let it perform the latest firmware update when I received the camera on 10-24-2020. It seemed to work okay until I let the update take place. I have even tried removing the base unit and camera from the app, defaulting the base unit, and starting over.

I should note, I get notifications from the camera, and can see the clips from the motion events.

2 Likes

My ticket # is 837209. I sometimes am able to get video from the camera, but mostly not. No notifications ever. And, I just discovered today, that the camera in question doesn’t recognize the presence of a Micro SD card.

Are these cameras supposed to record in color? Mine only shows black and white.

1 Like

Yes, they are color by day and B&W at night when the IR filter is in place. Make sure your App has not been set to forced Night Vision Mode under Advanced Settings.

We may combine this thread with others of the same issue. Wyze is aware of problem.

2 Likes

It looks like they found the problem, I just got this notification.

10/27/20 3:00 PM PT - We identified an issue that caused a connectivity problem for the Wyze Cam Outdoor due to an updated hardware component in the production process. The most recent official firmware (4.17.0.159) isn’t compatible with this new hardware. If the firmware is updated to the .159 firmware and you are using one of the updated cameras, you will likely have difficulty connecting to the live stream although Event videos will still function.

We’re working on a Wyze Cam Outdoor firmware that’s compatible with both old and new hardware. Stay tuned for that update! It will come in the form of a base station update first which will then trigger an update for the camera itself. Once released, you can also manually flash the firmware if you have a microSD card handy and a way to put it into a computer. We anticipate this being available within the next few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

2 Likes