Please Stop Using FedEx SmartPost Forevermore

I’ll pile on… I ordered my Outdoor Cam on 20-MAY and Fedex estimated a 25-MAY delivery. On 24-MAY they still estimated a 25-MAY delivery even though the shipment had only moved from one California location to another California location, and I live on the East Coast.

I called Fedex and asked why and the agent said “We build a 3 day buffer into the estimate, so you should have the shipment soon.” REALLY?.. I don’t think so.

I would pay one or two dollars more for better shipping. I don’t have this issue with UPS. UPS almost always makes their promise dates.

1 Like

Hey, check it out, this wishlist now has a status of “In Progress” and “testing.” Sounds like Wyze is considering or looking to switch away from FedEx Smartpost. :slight_smile:

This is my first time posting this thread, but I have long been a hater of Fedex Smartpost as evidenced in several posts in this forum.

Here are just a couple of Examples

I can’t say I will miss them if Wyze sticks with others doing their deliveries, like Amazon.

2 Likes

I moved it to this status since I have seen us using Amazon more recently, I can’t say they have decided to fully move away, but we are looking at other ways, we definitely heard about the experience users were having with FedEx.

3 Likes

That’s true, Plus users who don’t like smart post at least have the option to select “buy with prime” at checkout which seems like that is one way to make it more likely our order goes through Amazon instead. That’s a decent solution too. :+1:

3 Likes

Just to clarify, my issue isn’t with FedEx per se. It’s with their crap-on-a-cracker partnership service with the USPS, known as FedEx Smartpost, one of the worst shipping services on the planet (shouldn’t even be called a “service”, because the one thing most missing from Smartpost is service).

2 Likes

I’ve gotten to the point that I’ll only buy Wyze products if I can buy them with the “Direct From Amazon Prime” option. FedEx has become a joke.