Playback on devices other than "master"

I am relatively new so may be finger troubles or lack of devices, but I can not seam to do video playbacks on other devices than where I original set up the account. e.g. if my iPhone I cant do playback on my iPad with same account name.

Nor can any of the folks that I shared the camera view with do playbacks.

Please point me in the right direction, settings of feature etc.
Thanks

1 Like

Shared users do not have access to any SD card functions. You can vote for more shared user permissions here: Multiple Users' Permissions for Shared Users

When you refer to “playback”, are you talking about SD card playback that is accessed via the “View Playback” button? If so, then you should be able to access from any device logged into the account that owns the camera. If that’s not working, you should submit a Support Request.

If instead, if you are recording the live stream in the app by using the “Record” button (as opposed to an SD card installed in the camera), then that video would only be available on that device (unless you have iCloud Photo sharing set up on your devices).

Here’s a summary of the recording and playback features:

There are three kinds of recording available in the app:

1. Cloud motion/sound event: These are enabled in the camera settings (gear icon) > Event Recording. Also make sure that the Detection Zone under Detection Settings is not missing the area of motion. These are played back in the Events tab.
  2. microSD card recording: This is enabled in Advanced Settings > Local Storage and can be set to continuous or event only recording. This is played back by pressing the View Playback button on the live stream. This is completely independent from #1.
  3. Record button on live stream or playback: This saves to your phone’s camera roll or gallery, in real time, whatever is being played in the live stream or view playback. Note that it isn’t available when playing cloud events. It is viewed by tapping More and then the Album button, or by leaving the Wyze app and viewing the Wyze album in your phone’s photos or gallery app. This type of recording ceases when you leave the Wyze app.

More info on setting these up can be found in the Support Site.

4 Likes

Thanks for feedback.

Submitted a vote via link wrt shared users.

Yes “View Playback” – have submitted a request. We have 2 cameras as the 3rd one was already replaced due to the SD no read issue.

I wil pay with my iPad on same account to see if I had finger problems.

I figured out that the “Record” appears on that device only.

My current work around is to download iPhone &/or iPad to PC Windows 10 pics (import) and then moving it to Windows external drives and DropBox to share with others.

Thanks for prompt response.

Egon

Moderator Note: The email signature containing personal information has been manually removed from this post. The forum software attempts to automatically remove email signatures but it is not always successful. When replying to the forum by email, it is best to remove the signature block yourself before sending.

1 Like

Ok checked my iPad again and that has view playback button so is ok. Sorry.

It is a Lenova android tablet that does not and that is because that is under a different account I.e. shared.

So thanks for your response and help

2 Likes