Pet/Animal Detection

My main purpose with Wyze was to make it a cat cam for letting me know when my 5 (at the time) cats wanted to come inside. Pet detect would be awesome for multiple reasons. But the best reason for me rn would be to find my missing pet. :frowning:
My cat has been missing since September 6th, this year :frowning: With my cam running 24/7 I wasn’t able to find if and when the last time he came home to try and get inside due to hundreds of “motion” or “person” videos to go through and not enough time for it. .

If there was a pet-detect AI option, I would hope that I could get specific notifications for my pets such as:
“Pet let out @ 8am,/ pet let in @ 8pm,”
“Pets left outside/ pet has been waiting outside X amount of time at front door cam”
“Pet not detected for 8 hours”
“Check on your pet”

The Notification possibilities are endless.

And then the obvi reason for me right now and that would be the review/search/detect process. Like only alert me when my pet is detected, or record pet video, delete/save all videos with/without a person, pet or vehicle.
To go a step further a “Lost/Found” pet mode would be great, and a programmable/smart pet door & tracking collar would be fire!

Honestly, I can think of dozens of reasons/ideas why/how a pet detect system would be a major selling point with endless $$$ earning opportunities. (with pets being a multi-billion $$$ industry n all.) :boom::grin:

:raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:t2::raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:t2: :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:t2:Wait… Wait… ok I am seeing it now… Call it … the Wyze “Posh Pet” line.
Now that has a nice ring to it! Put me on the waitlist please!

1 Like

Someone on the Facebook beta group today posted a screenshot of a “Pet detected” notification that they got for pets and looks like some other people did too. Maybe this might change to “researching”? :eyes:

Some people also saw “car detected” recently too in the group…

1 Like

I’m so excited!!! Hope this true!! Gonna check it out!! Maybe with a little help from the team at Wyze we will better our odds of bringing my beloved Chance the kitty home!
Over the moon!!

1 Like

I saw this as well! I’m very exited about this and hope we see an update from Wyze soon.

2 Likes

Same, an official confirmation would be nice or something :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Well, this went out a little earlier than I was planning. More news is coming later this week but it is something we’re working on. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Great news thanks! :smiley:

2 Likes

oops? i guess lol either way excited!

2 Likes

Very excited to hear this! Can’t wait to find out more info!

2 Likes

Omg!! I’m so excited! I hope I am able to start it ASAP. My cat is still out there, I won’t give up on him !

+1 for pet detection. The current AI engine detects our Labrador as a person. While our dog approves this creates a lot of unneeded events when I’m only interested in human movement around our perimeter.

I mainly want to be able to use this feature in automations, but that will require Wyze to do something we’ve asked for since their inception: give us an API.

Just got my v3 's today. Setup was easy. Imagine my surprise when all the “Person Alerts” came in? A small low, long rectangular person on all fours… Yep. +1

1 Like

Assuming this is using AI, the model needs all the training it can get. It constantly just says ‘motion’ when only my dog is in frame.

I did notice that ‘dog barking’ is a new report for event feedback. I really hope we get a wider selection of integrations soon, as I would love to do something in my smart home when it detects my dog barking. However, that’s going to have to include finally allowing us an official API so we can make a Home Assistant integration.
All we need is the API. The Home Assistant community can take care of the integration coding.

Where are you finding vehicle detection?

It was only made available as a beta program to those who were subscribed to Cam Plus.

Pet detection would be amazing. We’re getting alot of demand for this with Wayzn doggy door solution. If you can identify my pet outside with the Wyze camera and it can talk to Alexa then it’s a great alternative to the need for a pet tag solution. Thanks!

Very simple. There are others smart devices that can be used together. By example; I currently use the Wyze camera to detect any person that step in my lawn, then trigger the water sprinkle. Why I am doing that? DOG POOP in my lawn. Is very annoying to tell people to get out of my lawn.

Motion capture keeps notifying me when my hosta moves (it’s in the foreground) or the robin flies around (nesting in foreground as well), if the pet could be tagged separately, I wouldn’t get these regularly (annoying) pings. I also have to always adjust based on when he’s let out, mildly inconvenient.
FYI, Google photos detects my 2 pitties separately for their own photo albums, so it can be done! Be better than Google! :wink:

In the email Wyze sent out today… in the “Wyze AI Model Updates” section, you show how challenging it is for the AI to tell the difference between faces of a Chihuahua and that of blueberry muffins.

Is the reason why you want the AI to know the difference because you want the AI to NOT trigger an alert if it sees your Chihuahua walking around the house, but the AI should trigger an alert if a blueberry muffin is walking around the house?