Person Detection - Is anyone else have their pets tagged person events?

Likewise :palm_tree:

What version of firmware are the cameras using? Iā€™m using the beta version 4.9.4.169 which seems to have resolved some of the person detection issues.

I believe as of today that version is public

2 Likes

Hi Jason, oops my bad. I just saw that.

2 Likes

Not a problem

goodā€¦ that means we are still a few years off from effective terminators. they canā€™t identify us yet :slight_smile:

How is your person detection working after upgrade to firmware 4.9.4.169? This is the 2nd version of person detection.

I donā€™t get near as many false person detection, but I have yet to sift through and see how many it has missed.

Same here.

Luckily cats come up as non-person. I get loads of false motion alerts, but person alerts seem nearly perfect. I only set person detection alerts, otherwise it would be overwhelming.

so is this update still in testing mode? i gave up with the whole person detection. sometimes i canā€™t even flag it as not a person, that button doesnā€™t even appear. the first version of person detection is more like normal motion detection. anything that moves is a ā€œpersonā€

an update and less false positives would be greatly appreciated!!! i end up not even looking at my alerts anymore

Mine seems to be doing pretty well. It will detect a person or a motion and pretty spot on any more. Prior to the update it was doing well also.

do you have any pets like a dog?

I have a cat, the last two updates it says motion for her, not person. For me or others int he home it is person.

I am still getting ā€œpersonā€ detected alerts from my grey cat with white rear legs, got at least two alerts today.

1 Like

Mine has seemed to work pretty well between motion and person, but lately my cat seems to be going undetected as she wanders around the house when I am not home.