Person detection ignores detection zone,V2 detects people outside of detection zone

It is the VDBv1, not the pro, that had detection zone issues in the FW. That issue is currently being tested in the new Beta FW.

Ok, so that was the one that the detection zone has to be rotated or something.

Which was the one that has the stuck on 3/3 issue?

Sorry donā€™t have any Wyze doorbells so am not keeping up with them :slight_smile:

Both issues same VDBv1. Current Beta FW in testing now.

1 Like

So, here is an overlay of the selected detection zone and the triggered image. It does appear that this software includes the bounding box in its detection algorithm even though the amount of movement is insignificant. Just for reference, I have my sensitivity set on my v2 to 77. I have no clue why the bounding box is so high but I would expect that the small portion that is included in that should not trigger an event.
Screenshot_20221104-231054_Wyze

The green box has nothing to do with recording or events, itā€™s generated by the cam and is just there to be seen.

If thereā€™s any overlap at all of motion, it will trigger it. I would leave as much room between the movement and the detection zone edge as you can

Can anyone confirm or deny that AI is now detection zone bound?
I have had problems with all (5+) of my v3 cameras not registering AI detection for months now. The hit rate was maybe 1 in 5, usually 1 in 10. Some cameras would never register a person. Ever. In all cases motion was detected just fine.
I recently opened up the detection zones on a couple of cameras to include more of the screen that would have a person in it (think head to toe) and presto! Now ALL of the cameras are recording AI events correctly and at a high success rate.
Not sure if I like this ā€œfeatureā€ or not. I would really like the option of AI being bound by the detection zone or the whole frame. I can see use cases for both.

Yes, the AI respects the detection zone, but if thereā€™s any overlap it will scan the whole person.

A setting for this would be nice

1 Like

Every time I do a controlled test on my V3 after FW updates the results come back very positive. The AI will not tag me (PD) unless I personally produce motion somewhere in the included DZ (hand, foot, full body, etc).

If motion is created in the included DZ by some other object and I am fully within the excluded DZ, it will not tag me.

What I am uncertain about is on what cams this DZ AI restriction is operating.

Case in point my Video Doorbell V1 w\ FW 4.25.1.314

Today was a windy day so I did expect a few additional motion events. What I didnā€™t expect was 12 false positive Vehicle AI tags.

Here is my DZ (sorry, donā€™t have a day screenshot)

However, every one of my false Vehicle AI Events was caused by this (or a car moving on the road) clearly fully within the Excluded DZ.

This leads me to suspect that the limitation of AI tagging to within the DZ is not working on the doorbell.

1 Like