People, take a break

My take on the modern (?) so-called security business of cameras, sensors and their apps is that they are not about security, they are in the business of monitoring to the best of their ability. The remote security industry has been around for decades but until the recent advent of wireless transmission it has been far, far beyond the means of the happy homeowner (and still is.) Remote security did and does require a substantial capital investment in planning, equipment and personnel, and there still is no way around that. Unless our hapless homeowner is prepared to sink tens of thousands of dollars, let alone millions, into a proper system we are stuck with a stream of wanna-be outfits, and so it becomes a choice to deal with the least problematic company. After going through Nest, Eufy, Arlo, Samsung and Wyze, for the most part I use Wyze. It does not satisfy all of my needs, but so far it is the least objectionable. YMMV. I have cobbled together a mostly-reliable system with Wyze, Alexa, IFTTT and a few other truly obscure outfits.
I have read a few rants about X company being truly horrible, and Y’s products being garbage. Take a break, remember that you are fishing for minnows. Since I don’t have oodles of cash I have put together a little system that I can afford and that makes some sort of sense to me, and I thank my lucky stars that I do not have the responsibility for Levenworth or Fort Knox.

2 Likes

Cousins? :wink:

A few evolutionary leaps between your two avatars…

1 Like

Yet we converse, we break bread. :bread:

1 Like