PanCam SD Recording

PanCam SD Recording

Has anyone checked their playback video lately?

None of my Pancams show any recording on their SD cards any more. Even if set to record continuously.

V2 cams are OK

1 Like

My Pancam doesnā€™t register the SD card anymore either. I figured thatā€™s because itā€™s outside (though protected). My V2 outside hasnā€™t had a problem.

2 Likes

Mine have been quitting recording quite often. I have to reformat the card to get them working again albeit for only a week or two before I have to do it again. At least I donā€™t have to access the camera. I can do it on the web. Itā€™s does stop working every so often and I have to unplug it to get it to start working properly. Itā€™s gotten better as 5gey update the software but Itā€™s still a hassle. I have 12 pan cams and 2 v2s.

2 Likes

I had to remove my card from the Wyze cam, reformat it via computer before it would ā€˜seeā€™ it againā€¦ Like you it had just stopped. Now its good and working again.

1 Like

Short answer: This also happens to my Pan Cam occasionally. As @emildejulio said, I usually have to reformat the card to get it working too. That solves it.

Longer answer: I usually donā€™t know itā€™s having problems again until I go to view playback and it wonā€™t work. I try rebooting and all sorts of other things. When it doesnā€™t fix it, I sometimes wait up to a day or so. If itā€™s still not back working (sometimes it will fix though) I often take out the SD card, manually look at when the last recording was (sometimes it appears it has been recording, even though the camera said there was no card and said it wasnā€™t recording, and sometimes it stopped a long time ago, and sometimes it just had weird gaps. Not totally consistent). Iā€™ll back up anything I want saved and then reformat the card and it works fine again.

I will say thisā€¦the inconsistency and issues have basically convinced me that I never want another pan cam. Iā€™d rather buy 2-3 normal cams covering every angle constantly.

1 Like

Itā€™s not just the Pan Cams. My V2s have always been this way with SD cards. After too many days of the kind of fruitless fiddling you describe, I decided it was a lost cause and that the best thing to do was pretend the cameras donā€™t have SD card slots at all.

2 Likes

Hi @xmick and others. To test if its a corrupt uSD card.

• Remove the uSD from the camera and test it in your workstation.
  • Check the disk with the command line C:\Windows\system32>ChkDsk X: /r Where X is the uSD card
  • Format the uSD card and un-check the default ā€œQuickā€ option so it can mask out bad cells.
    Note: The Format from the App is a Quick Fromat

Quick format just marks the partition as ā€œformattedā€ and destroys the journal that keeps tracks of the files and their locations on hard drive.

Full format will clear files completely from the partition, rebuild the file system, volume label, and cluster size, and scans partition for logical bad sectors; thatā€™s why full format is slower than quick format. Wyze devices must always use the FAT32 format.

2 Likes

That is kind of weirdā€¦

When I tried viewing playback, it has given me an error regarding the storageā€¦ I had to restart the camera, and then go into settings, local storage and the re-select to use continuous recording. Once i did that, I was able to see my previously recoded footage from a few days agoā€¦

1 Like

Thanks for the helpful information.

Also sometimes a power cycle helps with these cameras.

Unfortunately in my situation I wonā€™t be near my cameras for many many months. Not seen them for a year now.

One thing I will do when I get to these cameras is fit a SONOFF WiFi mains switch so that I can cycle the power. Alternatively SONOFF make a USB adaptor WiFi power switch. Iā€™m using this brand a lot and have no problems at all with them working unattended for long time periods.

2 Likes