Outdoor/Weatherproof Wyze Cam

The 12 second record time and the 3 month battery life are the 2 reasons I ordered 2 Blink XT2s at the same time I ordered my WCO. With my Blink cams I have up to 2 year battery life, and 60 second motion clips instead of 12 seconds. So my WCO is really just an add on camera to my existing Blink cams. I mainly bought it just because I like new technology and buy every new Wyze smart device when they come out. But I have a feeling I wont be relying on it much compared to the Blink cams. Hopefully they will at least extend the 12 second clips in the future because thats my main gripe. 12 seconds is enough to see a snapshot of whats happening but usually not enough to see the parts that matter.

2 Likes

I couldn’t agree more. WCO is not a security cam. It is a nice product (as everything Wyze does) just not the right product.

1 Like

I’m wondering why the new Outdoor Cameras ship without an adhesive tape mounting option. Does the increased weight cause the units to lose adhesion and fall, or something else? Was tape similar to the Indoor Cam v2 tested? Assuming it might work, does anyone know the brand of adhesive tape the Wyze uses?

I’m wondering why the Ethernet port on the base isn’t Poe capable. It feels like old tech. Also I think for the size of the camera it could have been Poe as well with backup battery that could charge
And I honestly expected a better gift than a cowboy hat

1 Like

That would have been very clever!
:+1: :+1:

1 Like

I can create a trigger for a door sensor to record a video on my WYZE outdoor cameras but it doenst seem to work. the regular wyze camera does fine fine though.

Hi WYZE,
What I would really like to see is a Front Porch Light with Wyze Camera Built in. This is what is really missing from the product range. I know you have the outdoor camera its great but we already been using the camera V1 an V2 Wyze cams outdoors with covers/boxes, etc. The Porch Light with a Camera would be ideal since you can see who is at the front door, capture package deliveries, etc. and also acting like a door camera when someone rings the bell. It would be fairly easy to create it. Its basically a regular porch light with a regular bulb socket to accept a bulb, and a camera below that can be adjusted to position. A motion sensor on it would be for light on/off detection and the camera can just deal with the recording. Of course local SD card slot on the camera would also be ideal. I think if you offer a couple of porch light designs perhaps colors this would be a great product.

At the moment there are other manufactures that do this but if you are already have Wyze cameras it would be best to keep it in the same app and have it all tied in together. This would also keep Wyze cam users from looking elsewhere for this type of product.

Another similar suggestion would be a Wyze Floodlight w/Camera with the same basis of what I mentioned. Anyways would like to hear feed back on this from Wyze and Wyze users.

Would you buy a Wyze Porch Light with Camera?
Would you buy a Wyze Flood Light with Camera?

Thanks,
Oscar G.

3 Likes

If the outdoor light was a slim LED solar powered wall mount with Wyze Outdoor cam redesigned to fit into the unit and compliment the existing PIR on the motion activated motion light …and charges the camera, and allows SD CARD full time recording and motion events and it was wireless and wired version…

Yeah. Wouldn’t blink at spending money.

2 Likes

Oscar G. ; like Kuna and Maxton have? We have those. Very well built and effective. Many years, still no issues.

1 Like

What is the latest on the outdoor Cam availability. I have one, and would like more. Please also do a PTZ Camera!

Thanks

1 Like

You can purchase them at The Home Depot in many stores and we’re coming closer to the general launch on our website. :slight_smile:

A black version would also be nice.

2 Likes

Are you able to create motion zones within WYZE Cam Outdoor? If not would that be available in the future?

1 Like

In settings for the camera, under detection settings, you are able to set your Motion Zone. Please be sure that you are running the latest updated software.

1 Like

Thank you for the information. Much appreciated.

1 Like

You are very welcome! I had the same problem, and figured it out myself. They actually call it Detection Zone

you cannot create a detection zone on the WCO like the v2/pan…on the WCO, the zone is fixed, you have to physically adjust the camera angle to adjust the detection zone.

1 Like

Now that the prototype is out and that the Wyze Cam3 is also out, I’m hoping for two things:

1. The outdoor cam having the same level of nighttime vision as the Cam3
  2. For a solar outdoor variant. I love the battery power for easy movement and travel security, but for a fixed remote outdoor camera, having the solar panel to keep the battery charged will be super.

#outdoor #solar #WyzeCam3nightvision #nightvision #lovewyze

3 Likes

You can’t create a detection zone using image processing because the camera must be off 99% of the time to have any battery life.

You are forced to use a PIR (passive infrared) detector like you see on home alarm systems. These will run on microwatts of power and can run all the time without killing your battery. They can not be tweaked and tuned in software. You might have some rudimentary ability to set sensitive but nothing sophisticated.