Outdoor camera

Like the idea, I’m going about it slightly differently
I took the pcb out of the adaptor and hardwired it

Tbh I’m not as excited about this camera as i used to be once I heard the outdoor camera is going to have a battery in it. I backed Zmodo Snap Pro when it was first released on kickstarter, which sounds like the outdoor Wyze camera will essentially be the same thing. The main reason I am disappointed is because i find it difficult to believe that this camera will function much better than the Zmodo camera that i paid $169 for which did come with a really nice magnetic mount. Beyond that there is a reason why they recalled and delayed launch on the device and now a year later the device is still in development after the recall. Partially because the backer community was heavily disappointed in the run time of the battery along with a few other issues the device had. They had to send out spare batteries for free to people who wanted to keep the cameras rather than get a refund. With that being said their battery powered camera is also an outdoor camera yet i have never used it outside because i do not want to have to charge the battery every couple weeks to a month, especially on a camera that does not record 24/7. If if recorded 24/7 for a few weeks to a month then i would be a little more excited about it. This is just my honest opinion and feedback.

Welcome to the community, @tebavar. I would recommend you provide this feedback in the official #roadmap topic for the outdoor camera. :slight_smile:

I put my cam outside back in Sept. and it still working even through a Nov Snow storm and -7c
It has the view of my front door and driveway, so far so good! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Got the whole perimeter covered, as long as they’re out of direct sunlight and rain, they seem to do great!

Fixed the bug issue by adjusting sensitivity and got a few outdoor enclosures with ventilation and no plastic over the camera and I can’t complain.

Definitely excited about the new outdoor cameras coming out!