Outdoor camera and Wyze Sense offline

Just checked mine and in the app, they appear to be stuck in whatever state they were whenever something happened to the server.

Usually I notice when sense goes down right away because I had a Wyze motion sensor controlling lights in a room we’re always in and out of, but with all the problems and frequent Wyze server disruptions lately, I replaced it with a Zigbee motion sensor and an Alexa routine and it’s been much more reliable so far.

I moved the comments over here but I’m about to edit this thread to be more general and I’ll take it out of Early Access. I have the team looking into this now.

3 Likes

Wyze is at least now aware as of 11:19 PM EST (8:19 PM PST). Check the Wyze outage page.

1 Like

It’s described on the outage page as “server slowness.” So this actually makes sense. We turn it on, it sticks on off. So we click ON again and again and again. With a server delay, we’re actually seeing “our” clicks turning it on and off, just not in real time. My guess. But you could be right too: The server is just “stuck” on our last clicks. They’re going to need to restart the Wyze services, if not reboot the entire server/s, also my “guess.” Once they do that, the services/servers will be back up and running in about 15 minutes, but because of everyone coming back online, the improved effects will be rolling until everyone out of the woods.

1 Like

Thanks, @UserCustomerGwen. Things look to be back up and running…for me at least,

2 Likes

You’re welcome! Thanks for taking the time to let me know. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Confirmed the root cause as AWS IoT maintenance. Sorry for the trouble, folks!

5 Likes

Motion sensors still no worky here , maybe later

1 Like

Everything back to normal over here including motion sensors. :+1:

2 Likes

My sensors are still down, this is why we need intregation to hubitat

Everything is still broken for me. It started with the lock update and then not receiving lock notifications. I tried so much troubleshooting then my motion sensors got stuck and my rules stopped working. I’ve been resetting and rebooting and wasting hours. I’m going to have to redo everything. Wish it could have been avoided.

I get about 10 alerts from all my sensors at once. From motion hours ago. Tried resetting, turn on/off notifications.

Been going off all night

We’re sorry, folks. We know this isn’t fun and we appreciate the patience and you all letting us know what they’re experiencing.

1 Like

Hopefully the issues will be resolved soon. I’m still Pro-Wyze. The cams and service is awesome just some glitches

1 Like

Thanks for the late night confirmation. Senses are coming back online and the backlog of triggers are coming through. I’ll give it time, assume like last time we just have to wait for the backlog to clear.

2 Likes

Yup! Once you get through the backlog, you should be set. In the meantime, sorry about that, @flyingchipmunk . :grimacing:

@Hack-Saw, thanks for the support! :smiley:

This is horrific. Yikes. Are you telling me that the people at Wyze decided that they were going to do a maintenance outage in the middle of prime time US? Granted, I understand maintenance would hit some part of the world, but I would probably think to atleast WARN your customers with some kind of proactive notification instead of having them all second guess and mess around and trying to figure why all of their wyze sense devices were offline…

Perception is 9/10 reality and right now perception of my wyze sensors are that they are flakey, unreliable, and trash…

1 Like

This was not our decided on timing and we agree that we would have chosen a different time if possible. We apologize for the poor experience you had tonight.

@UserCustomerGwen Thanks for the quick response. I don’t mean to turn this toxic, but just a little frustrated. Would it be possible to pass along the suggest to do an active notification through the app that there are service issues next time? I literally spent 30 minutes trying to figure out why this tech was busted.

You’re welcome. I definitely understand your frustration! We’re working on ways to send information like that through the app (it’s part of why we’re using Braze now) and working toward changes that will allow us to be more proactive with such messaging. We’re sorry you spent that time troubleshooting this issue.

1 Like