Outdoor Cam Won't Turn Off

I have a problem with my Outdoor Cam that started today. Whenever I turn it off, it automatically turns back on. Is there some setting I need to change? If not, How do I get it to turn off and stay off?

Thanks

What model? I would sign out of app and then back in…if it is your battery camera then power cycle your hub/base

The outdoor cam can only be turned off with the physical off switch on the back of the camera.

Are you talking about the V3 cam instead? That does have the ability to turn off via the app. If it’s not working it needs to be power cycled (unplug for 30 seconds and then plug back in).

1 Like

When I go into settings it says:
Device Model: Wyze Cam Outdoor

My two other Wyze Cams can be turned off in the app, and this one would too until today. I am on Plugin Version 1.5.26.04.

The Outdoor Cams can be turned on and off in the app. I am talking about the Outdoor Cam, not the regular Wyze Cams.

OK, so I rebooted the base and that seemed to work. Thanks everyone.

1 Like

Told you we half to do that from time 2 time…always try stuff before …its s very common to power cycle items

1 Like

Where in the settings can you turn it off? I don’t see that in the settings for my outdoor cam.

Tap the “More” icon:

1 Like

The round dot on the main page on the right all items have my light bulbs, wifi outlets

1 Like

See how they are currently On? If I push the button they turn off.

2 Likes

Ohhh I’ve never turned mine off. I didn’t realize it was hidden in the more menu and completely forgot you could click the circles on the main page :woman_facepalming:t2:.

1 Like

Turn off is not on my more Wyze Cam Pan v3 camera

Turn off on Cam Pan v3 is “Privacy Mode”. The icon is below the live stream view.

1 Like

Both my cameras will not power off unless completely unplugged. Still pans and scans when button says off and in privacy mode. NO error message. Completed update on both less than a week ago. I do NOT feel comfortable having cameras on in my house or watching the coming and going of my front door that I am not in control of. Deleting cameras and reinstalling them now. Please further advise!