Bought a Outdoor kit off the zon and followed instructions to get base to work on both wired and wireless without any issues. Went to add the Outdoor Cam that came in the same box and it never went yellow or blinked yellow, it went straight to long blue blinks. I pressed the sync button and setup base in app to sync, both blinked Blue/Yellow but never connected. I tried with base on wired and wireless and both failed sync multiple times. I even deleted and re-added the base to my app with no change to the sync failure. It almost seems like the camera is paired with another base, but the box seemed untouched with all wrapping of cam tight.
This is the second house I am adding this to. The first house went without issue and the outdoor cam is working great with a VERY LONG battery life. This failure on my second install frustrating enough to try others.
Welcome to the Wyze community @krhchicago!
Try flipping the power switch on the back of the WCO off, waiting 20 seconds then back on.
If you’re still having issues, You may want to contact Wyze Customer Support about this issue!
By phone: (206) 339-9646 Available Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT and Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT
I have no clue as to “Why” but here is what I did:
- Deleted and rebuilt the base station in my IOS applicatio
- Let Base station stay turned on overnight on wired ethernet
- Turned off WCO and plugged in overnight even though it was already solid red
- In morning, turned on WCO and it went immediately to blinking blue. I waited until it completely stopped blinking.
- Put Base into “Add Device”
- Pressed Sync on WCO to get the Brit to tell me it was starting Sync Mode even though it wasn’t “Yellow”. This started the yellow/blue blinking.
- Within two minutes the IOS application showed the two connected and let me finish adding the WCO.
Follow-up test: I configured wifi on the Base and pulled out the wired ethernet. The WCO paused and then connected again to the Base.
All is good now. Patience and power seemed to solve it.