Opening port and notifications

Hello!

I have been having problems with my Wyze came for over a month now. It seems like every day I have to reinstall the 3 wyze cam that I have due to them being unable to connect or offline. Currently all 3 Wyze camera are up and running. They are all connected to my wifi extender.

From installing the cameras multiple times, I noticed that I only receive activity notifications when my firewall is off. When I set my firewall back up after installing the cameras, I do not receive any notifications. I have contacted the wyze support team. They sent me a list of the ports need to open. I have know nothing of any IT stuff. I contacted my router maker and was shown how to open the port. But I ran into an issue. I was told to assign IP addresses for the cameras and to create entries for opening a port to one camera at time. But I cannot open one port to two IP addresses. Anyone know a way around this? or any other possible solution to this issue?
I appreciate the help.

You may want to tell us what router you are using. Also, where are you turning on your firewall? If on your computer, I wouldn’t think that would have much effect. If on your router, that could be another matter.

I can easily open ports for multiple devices on my router, but the only time I have ever needed to do that is with a very old Panasonic network cam, and then I only do that when I am on travel.

Specifics on your hardware can help us to give specific recommendations.

None of what you are experiencing is normal, so give as many details as you can.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply!

I have Arris SBG6400 and two wifi extender. I been turning off the firewall on the Arris SBG6400 in order to reinstall the cameras. That is when I noticed that only at that time do I get the notifications. I do want to add that I also have Norton Security. I am not sure if that affects the situation.