OG cam will not recognize 256gb sd card

I got 4 OG cams and 4 256gb Sandisk ultra cards. The OG will not recognize the cards. Well, it shows a card inserted but at 0.0gb and after a time gives an error. I tried in OG cam with firmware 1.0.63 and 1.0.71. It recognizes other cards I have, 32, 64 and 128gb. I tried reformatting card in Wyze app and on pc to exfat. I put the 256gb card in a pan v3 and it recognized it fine (firmware v4.50.4.7252) can anyone confirm they have a 256gb card working in a OG cam?

Yes. I have an OG-S running FW 1.0.71 with a TeamGroup 256GB HE SDXC UHS-I U3 V30 w\ factory exFAT format mounted:

After a format in the Cam:

1 Like

Update: I got a Samsung PRO Endurance 256GB microSD in today and the OG cams recognize it just fine. Must be some issue with the 256gb sandisk cards, tried 3 of them.

2 Likes

That is odd. SanDisk is usually a reputable brand with pretty universal application. Was the Samsung also an A1 App Performance Class card or was it a U3 V30? I am wondering if that may have something to do with it.

Yes, it was weird. Esp since it worked fine in my pan v3
SanDisk 256GB Ultra microSDXC UHS-I Memory Card Up to 150MB/s, C10, U1, Full HD, A1, SDSQUAC-256G-GN6MA

1 Like

I have a similar issue. How to proceed?

Welcome to the Wyze User Community Forum @2282535647! :raising_hand_man:

What is similar about your experience?

What steps have you taken thus far?

I also have the same problem with trying to use the SanDisk Ultra 256 GB SD Card in my Wyze Cam OG camera. I tried to format it through the app and it keeps saying operation failed and I cannot use the card to do any recordings. I bought these cards specifically for this use and now out the money plus cannot record anything. If the camera did not support the 256 GB, it should have been stated.

I had the same problem with the 256GB Sandisk card. Purchased the Samsung PRO Endurance 256GB microSD as stated by the OP and that worked fine. It’s weird because I have 2 V2 cams and 4 V3 cams all with Sandisk cards and they all work. BUT all of those are smaller capacity cards, so that may have something to do with it.

1 Like