Official word from Wyze on v1 not working any more?

Would love to see this fixed, almost gave up on my V1 cams and Wyze.

3 Likes

Thanks for the update. I also have a v2 that is exhibiting the same behavior. Any ETA on when this will be fixed ?

2 Likes

I do not have an ETA, but I will circle around and see if I can get an update today.

3 Likes

Appreciated

@omairaslam
Can you try your v1 again and see if it is working now?

1 Like

It is not working still. I have 2 v1 cameras and one v2 camera.

I had removed one from the app and reset it hoping it would start working. I tried adding it again now. It does the “Ready to Connect” followed by “QR Code Scanned” followed by “Connecting …” followed by “Connection failed”.

The other v1 which is still added and not reset is also not showing online in the app.

The v2 camera is also appearing offline in the app.

3 Likes

Thank you I will let the team know.

4 Likes

Will try now as well and give an update ASAP.

1 Like

Still not working for me as well; It does the “Ready to Connect” followed by “QR Code Scanned” followed by “Connecting …” followed by “Connection failed”.

On a side note; the past days I’ve tried three different 2.4 Ghz Wifi router setups, Main is ZTE H369A, but I also tried with Apple Airport Extreme / Apple Airport Express. I tried the Wyze app on three different smartphones/tablet. I did a manual firmware SD Flash on one of the three cameras. Not a single issue with other 2.4 Ghz devices to connect to one of the test setups. This all besides the standard instructions for setting up the Wyze cameras.

Thanks @WyzeJasonJ for your efforts and activating the team on this issue, I already found it hard to believe that three cameras started to fail at once. :crossed_fingers:we get a solution in the upcoming day(s).

4 Likes

I am hoping so also. I will continue to keep everyone updated.

5 Likes

I want to speak up as well that my 4 v1s have had the same issue everyone has spoken of (will not connect, “failed connection” on app, or “Cannot find specified network name” voice from the camera)…started in early May i believe, I use a couple of these cameras to look at my son at night…let us know what you come up with! thanks!

4 Likes

Exactly my same issue. Repeated attempts.
Thx

4 Likes

True that, RoboNaught.

Wonder what the shelf-life is for the Cam V2s?

I recently started ordering V3, but v2 seems to record better in daylight.

:wave: Jason, any news or update available?

2 Likes

I find it beyond AMAZING, and certainly not coincidental, that in the past 4 weeks I have lost 4 V1 cameras, and IN EVERY CASE, nothing can be done to relink them to my networks.
Have spent at least 2 plus hours on phone with Support, to only finally be told, your cameras are simply to old.
With all I have seen here regarding “FAILURE TO CONNECT”……and “CAN’T FIND SPECIFIED NETWORK”……I simply don’t believe this is all coincidental.
Leaving me wondering….
Why can’t WYZE at least have the common decency to say….”Sorry, we’re shutting all V1’s down wherever we can”…….instead of letting us spending hours wasting our time?

4 Likes

I am actually talking to one of the team members currently getting an update where we are at on this issue. If anyone has a moment to help out can you take one of your cameras that is having an issue connecting and let me know the MAC address of the cam.

5 Likes

We can’t say this because it isn’t true.

8 Likes

I would love to help, but unfortunately I’m not available for testing for a short period of time. I hope someone can help testing though. :pray:

On it….give me a couple minutes and THANKS !

3 Likes