Notifications with SD card

My free trial of CamPlus is about to end. Its my understanding I will be limited to 12 second clips with a 5 minute cooldown in-between detections. However, I have a 32GB SD card in each of my cameras and have them set to continuously record to the SD card. Will this allow me to still get detections longer than 12 seconds with no cool down period, or will I still get 12 second clips with a 5 minute cooldown, but I’ll be able to go back and review my camera from any given time since I have the SD card in it?

This. You can set your local storage recording to either continuous or events only. events only to SD card works a little bit different where it saves the entire minute where motion falls. If the motion continues into the next full minute, that next full minute will also be saved to the SD card. App notifications are only triggered from cloud recordings, so you’ll only get them when the 12-second events are uploaded to the cloud if you’re notifications are enabled.

2 Likes

I plan on keeping my SD card set to record continuously so I can go back and review the camera at any given point for as long as I want. I was just curious if my detection clips would still only show 12 seconds and then I’ll have to just go back to that exact time manually to watch the entire event since my cameras are recording to the SD card continuously.

Exactly. You’ll still get 12 second clips, just think of them as flags or pointers to events that happened at a certain time. With continuous SD card recording you can then go to that time and see before and after the event.

1 Like

If you have your cameras set for continuous recording (as I do), you can always go back and look at the playback on the camera from the uSD card. The event clips are still limited to 12 seconds with the 5 minute “coolkdown”.

Tomp just beat me to it…

2 Likes

Your local storage retention will be about a few days, very much depending on the size of the sd card, quality settings and continuous/event only settings.

1 Like