Notifications stop working constantly!

Gwen, This has been going on for a few months now. I have wyze contact sensors for which I set up notifications. I started noticing that notifications get disabled automatically just about every day. There is a strike on the notification bell when I open an app. When I re-enable it, it works for a day or so and then gets disabled without me turning it off. Does anybody else have this problem? I am using an android phone (Galaxy S9). I have done these already without no luck - logged out on my app and logged back in; uninstalled wyze app and reinstall app; removed wyze app on all devices except the primary phone. I have even contacted wyze support a couple of times but nothing seems to make the issue go away. Essentially, it gets to the point of “I haven’t gotten any notifications in a day or two and I go back and remove the strike on notification bell and it works for a day or so” and the cycle repeats.

@UserCustomerGwen, looks like someone is calling for help!

1 Like

Welcome to the community! What version of Wyze app are you currently using? Also, are you sharing your account by chance with someone else?

To find what version of the app you have, follow these steps.

1. Open the Wyze app on your phone/tablet
  2. Go to the Account tab
  3. Tap on About
  4. Look for “vX.X.XX” under the Wyze Logo.

I am not sharing the account with anybody. v2.8.24 is the current version. This issue has persisted over various versions. Initially, I suspected that app update was causing the notification bell to be disabled. But over time, I realized that it was happening way too frequent and not just when the app is updated on the phone.

Sorry to hear about that. After you contacted Wyze, do you have your support ticket number?

Thanks for tagging me in, @wolfcorner!

@r_tech, my guess would be that you’re accidentally hitting the bell icon on occasion without realizing it. And we accidentally made it too subtle so it’s harder to notice. But, to be on the safe side, you may want to check with our customer support team to make sure it isn’t something else like a cloud setting not saving appropriately. Sorry for the trouble!

Wyze Customer Support

I will contact the customer support. I am not hitting the bell accidentally for sure. In-fact, the notifications work for a day or so after enabling the bell only to stop after. I did not even open the app in between.

Yeah, we definitely want to look further into that. For good measure, you may want to send us a log next time through Account > Help & Feedback > Report an Issue.

Account > Help & Feedback > Submit a Log

As an additional precaution, I would also recommend changing your password, and turning on 2FA.

1 Like

@Seapup, are you using iOS by any chance? I may have a funky test version of an Android app but I verified and mine still says “Report an Issue.”

I noticed that if I turned off the notification (bell) on my iPad it also automatically applies the same to my android phone.

1 Like

@UserCustomerGwen , I’m using Wyze app v2.8.24 under Android 6, 9 and 10.

1 Like

Alright, looks like my funky test version is a bit behind. :slight_smile:

1 Like

A partial but I’ll take it solution: I had a schedule (show notifications only during a certain time range in the day) set up previously that was causing the notifications to not show up after a day or so. While I think schedule should not have affected the notifications showing up, getting notifications at all times is better than getting none. To sum it up, after deleting the schedule, I am receiving notifications.