Notifications still 1hour Behind

The above is from the Facebook forum

Hi @Tyne1 Have you opened a Support Ticket? What is your time zone and location?

Live support is available: +1-206.339.9646
Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT | Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT

3 Likes

G M T Scotland

Current: BST - British Summer Time - Since Mar 28, 2021
Current Offset: - UTC/GMT +1 hour
Next Change: - GMT - Greenwich Mean Time - Oct 31, 2021 at 2:00 am

Please include that information when opening a Support Ticket. Wyze may need to modify application. We are volunteers with the Community Forum but this trouble is not something we can directly address. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Good catch. Yes, the products are developed only for the US & Canada ATM. I think the last time I heard about this it was in Australia. @Mavens

4 Likes

There was, “The Newfoundland time zone (NT) which is GMT-2:30” which ended up on the #wishlist due to confusion and non-specific service request +/or incorrect information.

1 Like

I’ve been using Wyze cams in the UK since July 2020 with no problems. This problem only started recently.I have a V2 a Pan cam and a V3

1 Like

Yes, but with most all Beta testers being in the US because of the market focus, any glitch in a new version of the software may have gone unnoticed. Hopefully your report will bring it to their attention. :slight_smile:

I have exactly the same problem based in Switzerland.
I am not a beta tester and am using the official app version with android.
As with Tyne, it worked fine before and changed recently.
I have many cam v2s with the same issue (running the current latest official firmware)

1 Like

Hi @GabboCH Thought the plan to end daylight saving time in EU Dec 2019 was a good one. It would sure simplify things. Is that still on the table?

Switzerland is currently on UTC +2 CEST Central European Summer Time
and will switch back on Oct 31, 2021 to UTC +1 CET Central European Time
Same as Norway, Poland, Germany France Italy and most of Spain.

If this is correct, please open a Support Ticket with Wyze Customer Service and supply that information. There must have been some code left out on the last update.

Live support is available: +1-206.339.9646
Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT | Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT
PT = Pacific Time which is GMT -07:00 or 9 hours difference from CEST

Hi DrKnow, thanks for your reply.
You are correct about the timezones, I’ll raise a ticket as you requested.

I also think keeping a fixed timezones would be a good idea. Normally it should have been stopped this year in the EU but it seems the usual political bureaucracy had prevented it from being implemented.
Not sure when or if it’ll be implemented in the future…

Switzerland as usual is another matter as to whether they will follow Europe or not…

1 Like

This issue also happening in New Zealand. Only a problem since that country moved from summer daylight saving time

Hi submitted a log on the 5th of June but not received a reply from Wyze

Hi @Tyne1 You’ll need to open a Support Ticket by phone or eMail and associate your Log File number with that ticket.

Thanks dr know :+1:

Does anyone have any information if this bug is accepted & there’s a timeline for a solution?

I logged a support ticket but didn’t get very far as they wanted me to reset all my cameras & re add to my account. As several are mounted outside & a reset would require dismounting I said I couldn’t do this.

I can confirm in Switzerland, I still have this issue.
The time in the app event history & embedded in the video is correct, but the time in the android notification is 1hr behind.

Gabbo

I’ve just accepted it now as no answer seems forthcoming