No Person Detection!

My v2 with camplus don’t even have the person filter to toggle off on, my filter page is blank.

The motion detector still works.

Are the firmware and app versions, the latest? Can you show your settings page?

I don’t see anything “rolling back”. It appears all they’ve done is stop rolling it out. :slight_smile:

Feels like Person Detection events became more sporadic over the last two weeks or so, until finally, in the last 3 days, they’ve disappeared entirely. I still get Motion Detection events showing people going past my V3 cam multiple times per day, but not a single Person Detection event now. It’s a shame this service can’t be relied upon, both it and the Wyze Cams are very competitively priced, but if they don’t function regularly, there’s really not much point. Afraid I’ve cancelled my sub and will likely be switching back to Nest or maybe trying out Arlo.

1 Like

We have 6 v3,3 V2 all on cam + and we get vehicle,pet and etc its to have it work…but its not a deal breaker we have it for Security

Check to see if there are “Available Subscriptions” on your wyze account service page. If you do, check the cams to receive the subscriptions.
That was my problem and found out about it after chatting with a customer service rep.

It’s an issue with the firmware itself. This thread has been solved (rolling back the firmware fixes it) and we are awaiting a permanent fix.

My person detection started *working a few days ago. I didn’t rollback my firmware?!?

*PD works about as well as it used to before they had issues, about 50% of the time . . .

1 Like

Theres new firmware ad of 1150am pacific time FYI…

Don T. Handel

1 Like

Me too, it started working a day or two after the problem emerged for me, and has continued to work. Absolutely not firmware related in any way. Still running very old firmware here. They must have fixed something on their server farm.

I think people upgrading or downgrading firmware specifically for this issue are mostly wasting their efforts.

1 Like

Interesting, thanks kae . . . No firmware update for me on my AOS device yet.

Even if it comes, I’ve learned to wait a couple weeks before I install it. New Wyze firmware is often the cause of many problems, and I’m tired of trying to sort out their problems for them.

As it is, I have five V2 cameras and two different firmware versions. Don’t know exactly how that happened, but I think they paused the last update right in the middle of my cameras receiving them. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Firmware is for all cameras we just updated all 77 camers

77 :astonished:

Still not showing up for me.

Did you go to firmware on app? 4.17.1.027 thats for the wireless outdoor camera…4.10.6.238 that’s the ptz…4.9.6.238 thats the V2…4.36.0.248 thats the V3 thank’s Julie service manager.

Yup. No updates available.

I have five V2 cameras, two are 4.9.6.218 and three are 4.9.6.199.

:thinking:

It’s beta firmware. You are running production firmware.
(S)He’s a brave lad/lass running beta firmware on 77 cameras. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

We have never had any issues on our end today we installed 12 V3 at customers locations and 16 wireless outdoor cameras with no issues we have many sites and customers who have been using Wyze cameras.Julie services manager.

I’ll say :astonished:

Most of the firmware that they push out seems to be beta! :laughing:

Just updated to the 4.9.6.238 and 4.10.6.248 firmware and all 11 pan cams and 1 v2 are detecting persons. Also it appears it’s working faster too to notify you. Hopefully it will still be working tomorrow. I was looking a another dozen cams but I’m a bit concerned.

Oh I also updated my outdoor cams to the latest beta 4.17.1.027 and they are working too.