No Person Detection!

On both the base station and the WCO?

I’m on Cam’s plus and the only thing that got it to work was reverting back two firmwares.

I went back one version to 4.17.001 cam and 4.16.0.200 base… Another member said yesterday he just change the cams and his gear was working with the base still on the new firmware. I have not tried the new firmware again in more than a week. I did it twice and now I am gun shy :relaxed:

Do you have the “Notifications” toggle “On” for the Wyze app in your phone’s settings?
Did you assign each camera you desire to use with Cam Plus its license?

Yes,

You can try to downgrade if you are using the latest Wyze Cam firmware or upgrade if you aren’t. Your best bet would be to call Wyze’s helpful customer support team at 1 (844) WYZECAM and they’ll do everything they can to assist you after taking a look at your account.

I don’t have any problems, I fixed them all by going back to the version of firmware I posted above. I just stated I did not get any notifications with the new, I got the event recordings though. I’ll try again in another week or so.

Right. This might be an issue with your version of the Wyze app as well. It may be experiencing a bug that causes it to not send out notifications to Cam Plus members.

It’s not the app. It’s the firmware in the camera not sending the videos to the cloud for the algorithm to figure out what’s in the image.

There are numerous other post on this topic posted all over the board. My iOS app is fine, as I said I will try at a later day or when there is another firmware upgrade. Everything I have now works great.

I see. So then would not downgrading the firmware fix the issue? I’m sure there was a firmware version in which this worked correctly, is there not?

Yes, and it’s the reason I selected a reply as the solution to this thread. At least a solution to get past the issue until they push a correct firmware.

People have to go back 2 firmware editions to get it to work properly.

Alright. How do you go back versions? I haven’t done it myself in a while.

Go to the device settings of the camera you want to change, click on firmware, then it will say something like “still having issues?” and click on that. Then it will list the last 4 firmware editions. Click on one of those and it will load it on to your camera.

Thanks so much!

Are you on the West Coast or East Coast?

Saving Wyze a lot of server processing money. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I don’t think they were particularly trying to save themselves the money…

1 Like

We’ll never really know.
According to Wyze either nothing is wrong or it’s been fixed.
They aren’t saying much.

1 Like

The wyze customer service is the worst i have had contact with in over 40 years in business…wyze needs to send there people to school its very bad i have been in business for over 46 years and we never treat our customers the way they do and they need to hire Americans and do it right it took 23 days to get 4 cameras replaced my service technicians pulled 4 bad wyze cameras 2 of the new V3 after the camera was hot it would not re load up it just times out and 2 wireless outdoor cameras that would not charge up any more…and now today our service technician gave me another wireless outdoor camera that would not power up that camera lasted 120 days…we provide wireless cameras to our customers and we have maintenance contracts that we provide to the customer if they decide to buy it…o-well so far we have replaced 28 V2 and added V3 and some with the LED spotlight works great…well my wine glass is empty time for more and thanks for reading.