Night vision not working!

This thread took a turn towards finding a solution to record through a window.

Did we ever come to a solution for the night vision not working?

My camera is almost pitch black at night.
Turns black and white if I turn night vision on during the day.
The camera is only about 2 weeks old and worked fine for the first several days.

You need more lights for the camera to pick up and work.
The camera is take the same photo 24 day but the lighting has change.
The IR wave will not go through glass and bounce back in to the camera.
So you need lighting out side so the camera can work.
Just think you are a movie director shooting a movie and you had to make the lighting just right so the camera can get the best picture.
The company that made the digital camera and kill it self. KODAK killed film.

Not trying to go through a window, the camera is outside.

you need more lighting outside. infrared or spotlights.

As I mentioned in my previous post…the camera worked fine for the first few days.

That was a night and with the same lighting that I currently have.

here is the thread that ask the same question.

The black and white mode is night vision mode, needs to switch so that the camera can view the IR illumination.

Can you post a picture of what your camera view is now at night, during the day, and a picture of your advanced settings page of the camera you are having an issue with? Thanks in advance! This will help the group try and figure out what is happening.

2 Likes

what ever you are trying to see might be too far away. being indoor cameras they aren’t meant to be able to light up a huge space. I bought an IR illuminator and I’m kinda upset I didn’t buy one sooner.

@stockdad I believe the above is for you. :slight_smile:

Thanks for all the responses guys.

I unfortunately don’t have any night time pics, yet, but I can tell you:

1. Works great during the daytime.
  2. Turns black and white if you turn night vision mode on during the day. (I understand that this is what is supposed to happen, just noting it because I’ve read it’s also a test to see if things are operating correctly.)
  3. “Night Vision IR Lights” is toggled on in the advanced settings menu. (pic attached)
  4. Is nearly pitch black at night with the night vision mode on. (no pics, but there is barely a trace of the sidewalk at night)
  5. Worked great at night for the first few days that I had the camera with no additional illumination. Items weren’t too far away and were visible with the stock features/lighting of the camera.
1 Like

@stockdad Do you see the IR lights at night on the camera? If they are working, you should be able to see them fairly easy in the dark. If you don’t see the IR lights, then I would start a Support Ticket with Wyze. It may be a defective camera.

when was the full moon?

I am guessing the night photo with the IR lights on would have the bushes and sidewalk right infront of the cam visible and exposed correctly, but the arch and dog house would be too far and under exposed. What would night look like if you had the IR lights toggled off, but night vision mode on? Is that what you saw before?

I agree with @StopICU33, do you see the IR lights if you look at the camera when it’s dark and they are on?

no, you don’t. I’m having the same issue. Last night the NV worked brilliantly. I could see stars and satellites through the window with the ir lights off. I could see my driveway and backyard clear as day. Today, I updated the firmware and suddenly no more night vision. My phone can see in low/no light better. Both cameras face through a window, the only change was updating the firmware.