New tablet won't work with wyze app

Got a Wyze v2 camera for xmas. I don’t have a smart phone so I got a tablet, azpen A1046.
Android 8.1 (Go ediition). When I try to download Wyze app from Wyze Cam Setup Guide 77440
I get “Your device isn’t compatible with this version”. Could someone please point me to the correct version of the app.

Thanks.

Go to the Google play store and search for Wyze Cam App

1 Like

Thanks for your reply HDRock
Searched google play store as suggested. Leads to same page as the one from setup page.
In addition to the error Your device isn’t compatible with this version”
it also says “This app may not be optimized for your device”. It won’t even download.
Suggestions welcome.

You could try loading the APK file v2.5.36

Here https://apkpure.com/wyze/com.hualai
if you look around there are instructions on that site how to do it

2 Likes

Thanks I’ll give that a try.

I suspect its because his device OS is an Android “Go” edition, probably because this version of Android was made for low-end hardware, maybe Wyze try to limit installation of Wyze App on such device that could perform poorly, but only the Wyze team can confirm that.

There is another person that says the wyze app works with his tablet with Android Go

Thanks for your replies!
Downloaded and installed the app suggested by HDRock

All seems OK until trying scan qr code. Gave the app every permission listed. The camera says its ready to connect. Tried front and rear cameras with no luck. Is there another way to connect it to the tablet?

You do not use the cameras on the tablet , you point the wyze camera at the tablet screen where the QR code is showing

2 Likes

Sorry about the confusion on my part. Its up and running!
Once again thank you all for your help!

2 Likes

Glad you got it set up , there is a lot of good information here in the Product Support pages

1 Like