Wyze App Minimum Android Version?

I’m attempting to install the Wyze App on my son’s Amazon Fire HD 8 Tablet that has been rooted and loaded a custom OS with Android 5.1.1. At the Google Play Store we are somehow not permitted in install Wyze App as it states that it’s “Not Compatible”.,… Even though the Google Play Store Wyze Cam Details state that it “Requires Android Version 5.0 and Up”…

I consulted the Wyze Wizards and they said that 8.0 was a requirement although that’s not what’s on the Google Play Store Wyze App Page. (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hualai&hl=en_US).

Even more strange is that we’ve certainly had the Wyze App installed and working on this tablet in the past and it worked fine, just fine.

I could certainly load an APK, but I’m not sure where/who to trust to get one. Any suggestions or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

APKMirror and APKPure are both reputable. I don’t know who "Wyze Wizards* are but I wouldn’t trust one farther than I could throw an Apple Genius. I have a new Fire HD 8 running an old version of the Wyze app (by choice; it should run the current version fine).

They are the support team

1 Like

is that spelled right Jason?? “lizzards, Wizzards” could happen