New network and Password

Guys, I recently had a new router and extender upgrade install at my house. It has a new network name and password. Is there an easy way to add my 7 wyze cams to the new network all at once or am I going to have to delete them all and add them one at a time? I really hope there is an easy fix to where I can just add the new network name and password and be done,

No easy fix on the Wyze side, but there is an easy fix on the router side – just rename the new network name and password to your old router’s network name & password. Then all of your devices will work without changes.

2 Likes

I tried that before… It seemed. Like a good plan but did not work.

The user name and password needs to be exact. Did you try and power cycle the cameras after you renamed the new router or the extender to the old ssid/password?

2 Likes

In addition to the password being the same, the SSID (netowrk name) needs to be exactly the same, including the case. I setup a new router in the past and did not pay attention to the case of the SSID and only a few items connected. Once I ensured I had the same case for the SSID and the same password, everything connected.

2 Likes