New Beta App and firmware with Person&Vehicle detection was launched (2.3.80)

Please make sure you are on the Beta App, the latest version number is 2.3.80.

Turned it on P and V detection and its missing most of the vehicles, taking too long to start recordingā€¦

Did you test with this new setup If it is detecting Vehicles With that function turned off ?

Really impressed! I expected this feature to only becomes available in an updated and more powerful camera version. Curious to know if you managed to do the inference locally directly on the Camera themselves or is it being performed in the cloud?

I live on a dead end, its missing all of them unless they turn around quickly. Prior to enabling the setting, I caught them all (and tree branches, etc.)

1 Like

Did you try cranking up the sensitivity ?

1 Like

Just did, weā€™ll seeā€¦

1 Like

Are you interested in vehicles/people in the frame or only vehicles/people that are in motion?

Both, when they enter and when they leaveā€¦

Me too, I Live on a dead end also, And I want to know If they Are just turning around or if they are parked.
I had a drunk guy parked right in my driveway one night, Ended up calling his wife to come get him out of here

Considering the little bit of confusion on here regarding what People & Vehicle detection is, Iā€™d suggest Wyze puts up a post or sends out an email (for people who do not dig through the forums) detailing exactly what it does, how it collects information and how people can contribute to it to train the algorithms.

Sure, this post already announces the feature in the new firmware but it doesnā€™t make it very clear that people who opt in are sending their videos to Wyze and itā€™s AI-recognition/training partner.

This would also help for when it goes out of beta to address the privacy concerns people may have.

Just a suggestionā€¦

8 Likes

How should people on bicycles be tagged? Vehicle or People?

Or unicycles?

" Iā€™d suggest Wyze puts up a post or sends out an email (for people who do not dig through the forums) detailing exactly what it does, how it collects information and how people can contribute to it to train the algorithms."

Agreed ā€” beta features asking us to test them are useless if the team fails to provide any meaningful info about, at minimum:

1. WHAT the feature is
  2. HOW it works

@XRoyHe I disconnected all cameras from AC power (unplugged) and then installed Beta App 2.3.80 Android. Then, I plugged in the camera that has a bridge installed to test the sensors. The sensor tests were all OK but the App Home screen constantly lists that camera as ā€œOnā€ even after I unplugged it and after restarting the App. The App seems to think that camera is ā€œOnā€ when it is unplugged from AC power.

EDIT: The camera is a V1.

How about pets. They are people too?

Can you please provide the link to download this beta firmware?
Not able to locate it for last 30min on the forum.

Or pets on unicycles.

2 Likes

Soylent green is people!

2 Likes