New 2.3 Beta App Launched

Hope you are having a great night, we launched the 2.3 Beta App to testers, alongside, another A/B Test of connectivity has been running on iOS, no matter which version you are on, all the features are the same. Looking forward to your feedback. Following are the release notes. Thank you very much.

Android 2.3.12

• Added sound for simultaneous streaming
  • Added 2FA
  • Added device on/off button to the Home page
  • Added offline status
  • Added a download button for Event videos
  • Added support for RTSP (special firmware required)
  • Added support for Wyze Sense

iOS 2.3.11/2.3.12

• Added sound for simultaneous streaming
  • Added 2FA
  • Added device on/off button to the Home page
  • Added offline status
  • Added a download button for Event videos
  • Added support for RTSP (special firmware required)
  • Added support for Wyze Sense
5 Likes

Download the beta on my Android Q. The app won’t open and crashes. It was fine on the old beta. Have to switch back to normal build 2.2.38 for now.

4 Likes

thanks, but 2FA over SMS is not secure

3 Likes

Quick report that on my iPhone 6S, 2.3.12 is working fine. Nice to have the offline status back.

But tell me more about RTSP - PLEASE. The note above says it requires special firmware. How do we get that to try???

1 Like

I too am interested to know about the special firmware as well…

Look under advanced settings for your camera and you’ll find rtsp. There is an i next to it that links you to an instruction page.

RTSP works perfect.
About 2FA - please add support for Google (or other) authenticator. I’m not from US, so I don’t have US phone number, which is currently required to receive 2FA tokens.

1 Like

Do we need to remove SD cards for firmware upgrade?

I see a glitch on the software/firmware. In settings detection zone is on and showing the box and enabled, Go back to viewing it’s panning and settings says its off.

Will there be any RTSP love on the V1 cameras? Or are they S.O.L?
Mine are wondering and pining and sad…
I haven’t seen anything saying they won’t/or couldn’t be supported, but since I do not see an RTSP firmware for the V1 I assume they cannot?

Agree. I’m in Canada, so the phone numbers will work since our country code are the same, but 2FA while better than nothing, is close to a wasted effort when you’re talking about security. Google Authenticator is preferred.

Having written that though, I don’t want a thing like this to delay Google Home Hub support, so I’d rather see that improvement in a future release.

Only V2 and Pans are supported for the RTSP integration. There is a hardware limitation on the V1 cameras preventing Wyze from implementing the feature on them.

2 Likes

Yeah, I assumed so… bummer. I have EIGHT V1’s… sad day for us… Thanks for replying.

1 Like

Where i can take the app 2.3 ???

i already changed the firmware but i still have the version 2.2.40 and i don’t hate the rtsp bouton in advance menu …

I just thought I should mention how much I like the groups option in the latest update… How are things proceeding with the Google Home app?

where did you take the beta app

Just add to this as well. My Pixel XL on second beta patch 2 also crashes right away. Let me know if there is any info need to help you troubleshoot this issue.

Forget it i found and its Work fine

Obtenez Outlook pour iOS

Android 2.3.12 w/two v2 cams firmware 4.9.4.37

Download button for Event videos loads video w/o audio to DCIM. Tried multiple times with same and different events.

Sound for simultaneous streaming working and nice addition.

4/14 Still not getting audio when I try download button for events. Also tried GMAIL and no audio.

Same issue here, pixel XL, latest Q beta, app crashes on launch