My solution to make my motion sensor work after battery replace

I have the V1 remote sensor that you put somewhere away from the camera to have it trigger the camera to start recording.

My solution. At least it worked for me. Like many, after I change the CR2450 button battery in my motion sensor, it would not connect. Said “offline”. No blinky lights after pushing the reset button. It was DEAD. I’m an IT guy and some equipment we use requires a special procedure to reset it. Here’s my solution.

While near my camera the I added a new sensor as if it was new. The camera said it was waiting to connect, Then I “held the reset down”, then inserted the new battery while holding the reset button down. Keep holding until it flashes. This brought mine back to life.

Key is hold the reset down before-during-after installing battery and wait for the light to blink.
This worked for me, so I hope it works for you.

Cheers,
Edward

8 Likes

Worked for me too.
Coincidently I am an IT guy too

1 Like

Did not work for me (which is weird because I am also an IT guy). I knew my days were numbered with these sensors but I was hoping to keep using them until I can find something else that didn’t require a subscription. I also have a bunch of contact sensors to replace.

Did not work for me too. I was not hepeful anyways, I am not an IT guy

Did not work for me. I have tried many things and have waited a year for maybe a fix but nothing. Had 2 motion sensors and 5 door sensors. They went into recycling. All worked fine until the batteries needed replacement.

Same tried and didn’t work for me either :slightly_frowning_face:

This sounds like a good idea. I tried it. Did not work for me. But I did discover something I have not seen before.

Contact Sensor.
Just as the OP described, I was ready. 1) select the bridge/hub and press to begin. Camera or hub reports, “ready to connect”. 2) Hold pin in reset button. Holding, add the battery. Sensor blinks twice. But it will not begin the 3 blink pairing mode, because the reset has to be cleared and pressed fresh again. Waiting the few seconds, I first get 1 blink, (pull the pin) next it blinks 4 times. That’s a total of 5 blinks. A fluke, right? Still does not connect, bridge/hub repeats, “waiting to connect”. Press reset again. And again first 1 blink, pause, then 4 blinks. This is a 1-4 blink mode, I’ve never seen before. Still did not connect.

Now, removed battery canceled connect. Started over. Removed battery. Tried this two ways.
Hold Reset, insert battery 2 blinks when batter added. Release, Hold Reset. 1 Blink, then 4 blinks. (does not connect)
Remove battery. Insert battery 2 blinks. inert pin Hold Reset, 1 blink, pause then 4 blinks (does not connect)

Now, this contact sensor will not simply blink 3 times and begin pairing action. Always blinks 1, 4 times.

Now, I wonder what 1,4 blink mode is? Anyone?

1 Like

Didn’t work for me but I am not an IT guy and don’t own the sensor. :sunglasses:

Trying to inject some levity into these forums…

1 Like

Well, your attempt at levity worked for me. :grinning: So success.

2 Likes

I just tried it and it didn’t work for me either. No matter what sequence… 5 flashes of death. But we’re attempting to revive a Contact Sensor v1 and the OP is referencing a Motion Sensor v1. They don’t use the same chipset.

Hmm, not same chipset. Yes, I remember he said motion sensor. I am think-headed. I tried this on a contact sensor, and that’s what I reported on. Not only did not work, but I have not put it into this 1,4 blink mode and can’t get it out. I wonder what 1,4 blink mode is? Maybe someone that talks to Wyze can find that out for us? Maybe? Find out? For us?

1 Like

Wow. We asked about the meaning of all the contact sensor v1 blink variations years ago and never got a response. I doubt the firmware developers are even available. It’s pretty much a given that it’s dead, unless you want to wait years for capacitor discharge. I remember you posting in all the hopeful but futile megatopics starting with users attempting to reflash the board and devolving into conspiracy theories. I recovered one that sat unpowered for 2 years and 2 that sat for 3 years. I can’t believe it’s been almost 4 years since we figured out the cause of this issue. Seems like just yesterday: