My current Wyze cams don’t work with 5G

Since my current Wyze panning cams
don’t work with 5G. SADNESS! Which Wyze
Cam can I purchase that will work with my 5G
Network??

Welcome to the group! Here is a related thread. Any information in there helpful?

V1s, V2s and pans only connect to 2.4 GHz wifi networks. What network hardware are you using?

Short answer: none of them.

1 Like

I have looked into many many IP cameras. They all only work on a 2.4 Ghz network. However, I have also looked into many many wireless routers and have never seen one that only broadcasts on the 5 Ghz band. Most have both…

1 Like

Exception that proves the rule… $59

That’s good to know, but Reolinks are expensive though.

Before we get farther into this, are referring to 5.0 Ghz Wifi or 5G mobile networks?

2 Likes

The router states it’s 5G. However, 4G
Will appear as an option occasionally. Yet not always.
I’m fairly savvy, however with everyone working from home-( Covid) I have to respect the router ,AKA not reconfiguring anything. All suggestions have been helpful. Will retry in AM. Thank you.

That really doesn’t make much sense. There are no 4.0 Ghz routers
Can you tell us the router make and model?

Seems pretty unlikely but she might be using something like this as a home router if no other wired Internet service is available?

But even if so, that provides dual band WiFi (including 2.4 Ghz) and should work fine, if expensively, with Wyze cameras.

In the end it doesn’t matter. You will need 2.4 Ghz Wifi for most Wifi cameras, plugs, switches, sensors, etc.
If you give us enough info we can help you set it up.

3 Likes

My Fios router has two names, one is for 2.4 and the second one (which as 5g added to the first name) is the 5ghz connection.

I have multiple devices from different companies linked via 2.4. Remember that’s the devices connection to the network.

1 Like

I noticed the Wyze is configured to show networks with the 5G somewhere within the SSID NAME as incompatible, whether its actually tranmitting on 5G or not.

This was never the case. Why this is so baffles me, sitting with same issue. Everything worked until now.