My camera has been hacked, twice

i turned on the app on my phone a while back and when i tried to view play back i couldn’t because “playback is being used by another device” something like that.
i changed my password and stopped receiving the message.
i don’t have my camera on all the time, but i used it again recently and again when trying to view playback i got the message that another device was using it.
changed password again and added 2 factor identification,
i hope it helps, this is seriously freaking me out and i can’t find any info about this other than some broad, generic stuff that isn’t really addressing my concern that i am being spied on…???

if anyone can advise i would appreciate it

Email security@wyze.com and tell them what email address your Wyze account is under. They will look into it for you.

6 Likes

thank you so much, carverofchoice!
hopefully this will be resolved. scary!

1 Like

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:

In addition to emailing security, I would recommend you force-stop the app and restart the phone in case it’s some kind of weird glitch where the server is seeing the same device/app twice.

In Android you can long press the app short-cut then select App info then “Force stop” that will kill any connections to the app, then reboot/power-cycle the phone.

Also to check that sharing is not enabled for the camera.
Open the camera → settings → sharing and make sure there are no other accounts listed there.

3 Likes

FWIW, happens for me when viewing SD card Playback: app stalls and auto-restarts (displaying “camera info == null” on startup screen IIRC.)

Thereafter, attempting to access Playback gives “playback is being used by another device” error.

Force-closing and restarting app required to restore access to Playback.

4 Likes

Nice, peep. You are on fire with technical detail this week.

3 Likes