My Cam v3 cameras stopped working simultaneous?

Yes after i deleted it from the app and tried to re add it again

During the readd, did you get past the WiFi part and scan the QR code?

Yes, I got to the QR Code and it went to “connecting” then it would say connection failed

Try turning off your cellular connection/mobile data.

OK I will have to try tomorrow because they make visitors leave at 8 pm. I left the camera because i wanted them to think it was still working. (it is unfortunate but i have to protect my mother with dementia) Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Understood. Also, if you’re on an iPhone, please go to Settings, scroll down to “Wyze” and make sure location permission is enabled and “Local Network” is toggled On. And if you have a choice of WiFi networks to choose from, you need to be on the 2.4GHGz channel, not the 5.0GHz channel.

This is a primarily a user-to-user community, so if I’m not online when you log in here tomorrow, someone should be able to continue with you. :+1:

1 Like

Since this started after the FW update it’s unlikely, but by any chance does the WiFi use a captive portal (like a webpage that pops up when connecting to login), or just a standard password. Does the WiFi have a lock icon on it in the IOS WiFi settings?

1 Like

By “open network” do you mean that there is no password required to connect to it?

If so, that may be the issue.

I have seen a number of posts indicating that recent versions of Wyze firmware will not connect to WiFi networks without passwords.

I had the exact same issue today updating the firmware and being unable to connect to an open network (no password) with my v3. Downgrading to the previous firmware resolved the issue.

Could you please tell me how to downgrade to the previous firmware?

I tried everything that was suggested it will not connect to the open network WiFi.

Thanks

This article provides a good outline of the process, plus links to the older firmware files.

I don’t know which was the last V3 firmware to support an open WiFi network.

Hopefully someone else can confirm if either 4.36.9.131 or 4.36.9.139 will do the trick for you.

1 Like

Either one should work. I was using 4.36.9.139 without an issue before upgrading the firmware.

1 Like

I have the same issue. When upgrading to 4.36.10.2864 the Cam v3 drops off the network and never returns. After many attempts and troubleshooting, the only solution was to revert to the previous firmware.

Hopefully, there will be a fix for this soon.

Same issue here after upgrading 9 cameras, they all consistently disconnect and show an error -67 in the app

add me to this list - reboot the cameras and within 24 hours the light goes constant read and they show error -67; i have them on a POE switch (CAT5 → USB adapters) so I can reboot them all at once but it knocks out my wireless when i do that too… i love the camera but this is a pretty big issue

EDIT: I attached a screen cap from the SD CARD playback and you can see the gap after the reboot, and then the drop out a few hours later - bigger issue here is there is no recording locally or to the cloud so the camera is useless during these outages

EDIT2; since i cant post 2 media files; the reboot as at 9:15p or so; nothing in the playback before since it was locked up so 9:15 - 11 or so, then 2 quick blips and it locked back up

I had the same thing happen to me. 2 v3 cams that had been working flawlessly suddenly stopped working completely. They were reported as offline but they weren’t, I confirmed this by running a network scan for what devices were present on my network and lo and behold, there they were. This happened several months back, I’m not certain which firmware version it was but it happened immediately following an update or perhaps during it, unfortunately now after having factory reset th than both. I can’t use them at all as they refuse to enter into the setup process. Pressing and holding the setup button does nothing. I hear no audible indications that they’re ready to set up and even when I proceed through the app steps as if I had, there are no devices recognized, so it’s not as if it’s playing the notification and just isn’t doing so audibly any longer. I tried reflashing the other day but the attempt failed as I couldn’t get either camera to display the purple light (which I know is not truly purple but rather a blue and red light flashed simultaneously to appear purple). So it would appear as though I’m SOL with these two v3s. I had been in talking with wise support and they were ready to send me replacements but through no fault of theirs and due to extenuating circumstances eyelet that conversation die and haven’t had the time to reinitiate the process and then the idea to reflash occurred to me which should have happened sooner but it didn’t. However, now it looks like I have no choice but to see if they’ll still extend the same offer to replace these units

PS does anyone know - when flashing a V3, do you simply extract the zip file in its entirety and place all of the contents extracted on the root folder of the SD card? Because I deleted the Mac OS folder and left only the .bin file. So if I was supposed to leave the macOS folder, that could be one reason why my attempt failed

1 Like

with the camera unplugged I extracted the ZIP file and put the BIN file right on the root of the SD card; powered it back on while holding down the SETUP button till it lit up blue/red (looks almost purple); then within about 3 minutes it rebooted and began flashing red; hit setup again to put it in pairing mode and away i went - i did 8 of them today to the previous firmware; we’ll see

What @jtdct said - just the BIN file is needed.

But also remember that for a V3 camera, the BIN file must be named demo_wcv3.bin while for a V2 camera the file must be named demo.bin