Move cam2

I think you’re right it is exceptionally springy but do you know exactly how it goes in which side up and where the contacts belong?

But I’m still having a problem getting it connected past the prompt ready to connect

Guy

GUESS ILL WAIT FOR YOUR AVAILABILITY.

Camera is doing the same thing. Ready to connect, yellow flashing light and no scan of barcode happening. I’ve tried every direction and nothing happens and I am connected to Wi-Fi

Guy

Okay, so let’s try some troubleshooting and take it from the top so that I don’t miss anything.

1. Which QR code are you scanning and what are you using to scan it?

For the microSD card, there’s a small outline for the orientation a microSD card should have as you insert it but it can be kind of hard to see. Does this photo help?

1 Like

I am scanning the QR code on the bottom of the Cam. Scanning it with my iPhone and the first camera I had it worked the first time fine.

Picture representing SD card is fine. I think I can work with that eventually if I ever get past the set up

Guy

1 Like

Card was springy but I pushed it in with something and it’s now locked in & installed

Guy

1 Like

Hey :slight_smile:, it’s nice to speak to you again. The QR code is scanned by the camera from the application on your device. Try navigating to the application and select add product. Once you do that, then follow the steps to generate a QR code for the camera to scan. Once the QR code has been scanned by the camera from the application, it should connect. I have also added a video from Wyze as well. If you need any further help, let me know! Happy weekend!

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019706632-Setup-Mounting

1 Like

What do you mean “follow the steps to generate a QR code”.

it’s already on the bottom of the cam.

That is the problem… My iPhone is not scanning the QR code on the bottom of the camera.

Guy

The QR code on the bottom of the camera has nothing to do with the initial setup. The QR code is generated by the application. Pretend the bottom QR code does not exist. The video shows you how to generate a QR code to connect the camera to the application.

2 Likes

Finally it dawned on me as to what I was doing. I got it to work. The first time I tried I got it right but after I disconnected the camera and moved it I was doing it all wrong and trying to scan the barcode on the bottom of the camera with my iPhone as opposed to scanning the barcode in the app with the camera.

I’m upgrading the app now but everything seems fine.

thank you

Guy Bolter

2 Likes

I am glad you got it to work!

1 Like

Yikes… I feel so stupid.

Finally it dawned on me as to what I was doing. I got it to work. The first time I installed the cam I got it right but after I disconnected the camera and moved it I was doing it all wrong and trying to scan the barcode on the bottom of the camera with my iPhone as opposed to scanning the barcode in the app with the camera.

I’m upgrading the app now but everything seems fine.

thank you

Guy

2 Likes

The micro SD card also went in fine and beeped as an acknowledgment

Guy

2 Likes

Me too. I think the instructions have to emphasize the fact that you are scanning with the camera the code that shows on your phones app

Guy

1 Like

Sometimes it gets confusing for new time Wyzers. They really are good products. I have several. Probably more than I should own haha.

1 Like

Just a follow up to the issue I had.

All is operational now thanks to the TEAM. Finally, I grasped the scanning problem that I was confused about. The first time I set up the camera it immediately scanned what it needed without me recognizing what I was pointing at. After unplugging and moving it, I couldn’t get it To pickup the QR BAR CODE … all because I thought I was supposed to scan the barcode on the bottom of the camera with my phone… confusing scanning with the camera vs scanning using my phone. What a jackass! :roll_eyes:
Finally I got it using demon’s video and rereading your description.

Also, your picture of the SD card really was helpful too.

One final question!

Does the SD CARD clear and reset or notify me when full (32g)?

How do I view video from the cloud (the 14 day limited video)?

Thanks for all your help!
Guy

1 Like

When the SD gets full it starts overwriting the oldest video. It doesn’t clear everything, just keeps overwriting.

Tap Events at the bottom of the app to view the clips that are recorded to the cloud.

1 Like

Just so I can provide feedback to Wyze, which part isn’t clear in the instructions for setting the camera up with the app? Which wording (verbatim) tripped you up?

1 Like

Maybe it’s just me but…

I thought I was supposed to scan the barcode on the bottom of the camv2 with my phone… confusing scanning with the Wyze camv2 vs. scanning using my phone.

Guy Bolter

Don’t see this anywhere on my app
(Tap Events at the bottom of the app to view the clips that are recorded to the cloud.)

Guy Bolter

Also, does the selection shown below only record when it detects motion and not anything else?

Guy