Motion Sense Night Lights - Light Sensitivity too Low

The Night Lights trigger when the ambient lighting is more than bright enough to see without the lights going on. Wish there was a way to adjust the sensitivity as this blows through the battery much faster. I’m lucky to get 2 weeks out of the battery.

Anyone else find this?

1 Like

Yes, this seems to be normal, although may not be the reason for your short battery life.

I find the biggest reason for that is pairing the units. It apparently takes a lot of extra power to run the Bluetooth circuitry. When I discontinued it on my paired units I went from 2 weeks to 2 months. No problem losing pairing to me, as the lights just lit as I walked. Part of that also involved moving one of the paired units so it couldn’t see me tossing and turning in bed, but that was more minor a change.

1 Like

I concur - the lights activate at ambient light levels way too bright to need a night light. My stairway lights begin triggering in mid-afternoon. I’ve unlinked and saved some battery life that way, but so much is wasted by activation in conditions that do not warrant needing a light.

2 Likes