MicroSDXC cards compatible with WYZE cams?

Looking to put in a large MicroSD card (512GB) in the cam… are the MicroSDXC cards compatible with the WYZE cams?

1 Like

Hi @Rickalo and welcome to the communty forum! :slightly_smiling_face:

Haven’t heard of anyone attempting that large a card. Off hand I’d say no.

I am using a SanDisk Extreme PRO SDXC UHS-1 64Gb in a V3 but it was factory format with FAT32. Windows won’t format above 32Gb, comes out as exFAT and some have had problems with that in the cams.

1 Like

Definitely appreciate that! I will give it a shot! My experience with other cams I have, ended up with substantial data… so thought I’d be prepared (and avoid having to download files as often)

1 Like

The official answer is 32GB max, but I run 64GB in all of mine, and I tested a 128GB card once (normally used in a drone) and it was working in the V2.

1 Like

Maybe this will be of some use… Just got my V3 today. Tried to use a SanDisk 64G microSDHX card and it wouldn’t work. The WYZE camera will not recognize exFAT formatting that comes with cards above 32GB, and Windows 10 won’t format a 64 GB card for FAT. In searching for a solution I came across a freeware program AOMEI Partition Assistant that was easily downloaded and installed. Selected the microSD card and formatted for FAT32. Plugged it back in the camera, and voila! it worked.

I believe the key is the formatting of the card and not its size, but I am by no means an expert in this area. It worked for me, but, as they used to say on old car ads on TV; “Your Mileage May Vary”.

1 Like

That is great news… I also tried my card with exFAT with no success… I’ll give this a try as well!

Thank you!

1 Like

There are several users that have successfully used 512 sd cards after using a 3rd party app to format them as FAT32. The only reason Wyze only certifies 32gb is that above 32gb frs must pay royalties…