Micro SD Card Results Beyond Event Recording Schedule

I have Event Recording (Detects Motion only) for a particular WyzeCam set to a Schedule that is 6:30 PM to the next morning at 7 AM. That seems to work fine for the 12 second vids stored in the cloud. Via View Playback I get how that lets me see the videos that are recorded to the Micro SD Card, but I more consider the data saved to the card as something to copy to my Mac. And then I do see how there is time-stamping of those .mp4 files so they are actually shown using UTC time. So yes, I can find the longer minute-long videos that correspond to a motion-detected “Event” in the 12 second cloud vid by subtracting 8 hours (UTC to PST in my case).
What I’m finding, though, is that the Micro SD Card, with “Advanced Settings/Local Storage/Local recording to micro SD Card” switched to On and “Record events only” selected, is getting motion-detected events all day long. In other words, the “events” being recorded to the Micro SD Card appear to not be beholden to the "Event Recording/Schedule I have set.
Am I missing something or is there somewhere to have the Micro SD Card recording tied to the Schedule for my “Event Recording” for the cam?
Because wind and shadows cause motion all day, this plops more onto the Micro SD Card and fills it up faster, so I’d think other WyzeCammers would prefer the card recording stick to the Event Recording schedule too…

Hi @richapple, the schedule you have set for your event recordings does not affect the SD card recordings. They are separate. Please see the explanation below. :slight_smile:

There are three kinds of recording available in the Wyze app:

1. Cloud motion/sound event: These are enabled in the camera settings (gear icon) > Event Recording. Also make sure that the Detection Zone under Detection Settings is not missing the area of motion. These are played back in the Events tab.
  2. microSD card recording: This is enabled in Advanced Settings > Local Storage and can be set to continuous or event only recording. This is played back by pressing the View Playback button on the live stream. This is completely independent from #1.
  3. Record button on live stream or playback: This saves to your phone’s camera roll or gallery, in real time, whatever is being played in the live stream or view playback. Note that it isn’t available when playing cloud events. It is viewed by tapping More and then the Album button, or by leaving the Wyze app and viewing the Wyze album in your phone’s photos or gallery app. This type of recording ceases when you leave the Wyze app.

More info on setting these up can be found in the Support Site.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info. I had searched the online documentation before asking and the microSD card info didn’t mention scheduling at all, or the complete independence of Cloud and Card settings. If I should have been able to find the info you posted, sorry.
I did submit a Wishlist forum post for the microSD card scheduling capability or to have the Cloud scheduling apply to both.

1 Like

You’re welcome. The info I posted is a Reader’s Digest condensed version of several articles. I reviewed your Wishlist request and placed it in the relevant thread. :slight_smile:

2 Likes