Mark Events In SD Card Playback

Please keep me posted if there is a solution :pray:t3::pray:t3::pray:t3::pray:t3:

all of a sudden it says not recorded video at selected time

I had one v2 cam that did the same thing a few times. I took the mSD card out and did a format on the card on my PC and it fixed the ā€œno recordingā€œ error message.

2 Likes

Ah, wish there was something like this. It is nearly impossible especially with no computer app. Please make it

The Playback timeline gets the job done but is cumbersome and coarse to control and could use further refining. Adding colour-coded markers to the timeline for any user-selected events allows for quick navigation when reviewing.

1 Like

Dear Wyze,

This is a much needed functionality that you have stated that you are working on for close to two years. any updates?

the app really requires Motion event markers on the playback timeline as well as skip forward and backward buttons to jump between the events. and it needs a link from the event page that takes you directly to that event on the playback timeline.

would appreciate an update on this.

Kind rergards,

This feature is currently implemented in the latest iOS & Android app versions as long as you have a working SD card installed.

When viewing a single event, click on the ā€œPlaybackā€ SD card icon and you will go to that event on your SD card playback timeline.

I donā€™t recall seeing any recent posts about marking or jumping between events along the SD card playback timeline.

Just checked it, youā€™re right. thanks for letting me know. hopefully theyā€™ll add the rest of the missing features.

1 Like

Agreed! :+1:

When you click on the event it jumps to the timeline in the correct location but I still donā€™t see a mark in the playback timeline. If I delete the event it would be nice to have a mark in the playback timeline where I can see events

Agreed! In my opinion, the current ā€œjumping to the eventā€ is a huge improvement over the old situation, and hopefully they will add timeline marking eventually. At least this wishlist item has been marked ā€œresearchingā€

TinyCam for Android devices just came out with a pretty slick timeline that shows when Wyze events occurred, but not sure what happens if you delete the events.

1 Like

I think this is all coming soon including the activation-motion zones. Just give it another 3-5 years max!!

This is my number one complaint about Wyze. I is so hard to find events when scrolling back unless you know the exact time, which often I donā€™t.

Using Nest as an example. They have a dot that represents what time a motion and/or sound was triggered. So easy peasy to go back and find something.

1 Like

Event marking is the one feature that I cannot believe Wyze has not implemented yet. I have cameras from 5 different companies, some really reputable(Nest, Kasaā€¦some not so much). Even the $15 generic overseas cameras have playback with event tagging. Letā€™s go Wyze, this should a no brainer. Currently, I have to use sound event tagging from competitor cameras(yes they even tag sounds), to find the time that the event occurred and then manually scroll(check thatā€¦painfully scroll) to the event that my Wyze cam captured.

I understand what you guys are saying, and add me to the customers that is requesting this feature. but to me its not as critical as many of you make it seam. what i do is check the events tab for specific events, if the 12 second clip isnā€™t enough i note the time stamp and access the SD card in the V2 and just scroll to that time. To be honest with you, i donā€™t know that i would do anything different if there was a little red line there or not because there would likely be many events that Iā€™m not interested in.

So my question to the community here is, are you guys using this or a similar method, and if so does it still leave something to be desired?

Can also hit the Playback icon when viewing an event and it will take you immediately to that spot on the SD card playback timeline. No scroling! :grinning:

( As long as: you are logged into the ā€˜ownerā€™ of the cam account, and have the SD card set up for continuous recording, and have a recent version of the app )

My personal grief with playback scrolling is when searching for happenings that did not get picked up by the cam as ā€œeventsā€ - which is why I am really looking forward to trying out that script/exe that you posted on GitHub! Thank you again for that!!

:slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

I donā€™t know if my program will help you much, it only takes a number of smaller videos and stitches them into a larger video. But i hope the community gets some use out of it just the same (and you are most welcome)

1 Like

I think you missed that point. The 12 sec clips are not needed if events were tagged on the playback. You can give me an alert to let me know that something happened, and from the alert take me straight to the event in playback. Not one time in 15 months of owning a Wyze cam has the 12 second clip been of any use to me. It misses the event I am trying to watch every time, and the cool down for the next 12 s clip drives me crazy. Tag the event in the timeline and you are done. While your at it, make scrolling through the timeline less of a ā€œI wanna throw my phone through the wallā€ moment. Its a decent product at a really great price, but it seems that they did no research on competitorā€™s best practices.

Most of this stuff we are complaining(err I mean suggesting) about in these forums is SOP for the competition.

I want this too and i suggest just changing the color on the playback time bar from teal to red or something for when there is motion.

I 100% agree that navigating the timeline while continuous recording to SDCard is difficult. I think the suggestions to color code the events (not teal) and using the left right buttons to navigate just to events instead of 12 hour jump is more useful.

Since this conversation has been going on for two years I think we can conclude it is not important enough to assign an engineer at Wyze to implement this feature. They are continuously rolling out new products (congratulations) and Iā€™m sure that consumes all of their resources.

However, @UserCustomerGwen, I feel itā€™s important to you, too, to get more customers. When I try to show someone how it works and I struggle to with a basic function like this, people are not convinced this is the best product to buy. Please make it easy to do this for our sake and yours.

7 Likes

Iā€™ve seen this request since the very beginningā€¦havenā€™t checked back for a while, was so hoping something have been improved. This is the only reason why I use other brands in my high traffic areas.

1 Like