Larger SD cards

Do Wyze cameras work with 128 g SD card? Or the max size is 64g

Wyze officially States Max size of 32 GB.

However, I and many others report using larger sizes without issue. I have 64GB cards in several of my cameras, and I have read reports from others saying they use 128gb cards as well.
Your mileage may vary - you donā€™t have much to lose, Iā€™d suggest putting in the card and then going into that cameras settings and formatting it once inside the camera. Chances are it will probably work.

Keep in mind that unless itā€™s one of the cards made specifically for high endurance use cases, you may not want to enable 24/7 recording as it will likely cause the card to malfunction before long.

1 Like

For what it is worth, I have a 256 GB card in one of my cameras, and a 128 in the other. No problems so far

1 Like

Me & others use 256gb
Gives about a month of 24/7

3 Likes

Which 256 card and did you format it in the camera?

I use 128 GB Samsung high endurance cards. The cameras would not format them. Windows 10 would not format them as FAT32. Had to do a web search and download a utility to format them on the PC. Forget its name but I am sure there are several out there that will work.

Here is a good one. The SD Memory Card Formatter 5.0 is the one that @Loki recommended. I saved it in my favorites.

2 Likes

I use the same Samsung 128Gb High Endurance Micro SD card. The software you may be referring to is ā€œguiformat.exeā€. After I used it to reformat the card from EXFAT to FAT32, It has worked fine for me.

3 Likes

I am a new user. Just got a 64GB SanDisk from Amazon. But it is not recording continuously. Please help

What is it currently recording?

When I go to playback it is showing nothing

I have tried with a 32 GB as well. Still the same result

Iā€™m new and donā€™t know if thereā€™s been a firmware update or what, but after fumbling around with different cards and formatting with little to no luck, I finally stuck a card in that I had mistakenly formatted with the standard exfat on a win7 PC, and it worked. So I took my new sandisk 128gb that I couldnā€™t get it to see, and formatted it with exfat at whatever the default settings are, and it works fine. Sees all ā€œ119.23 GBā€

Let me find a PC win win 7, I will get back soon

Iā€™m running SanDisk 64GB Ultra MicroSDXC UHS-I Memory Cards in all 5 cameras (4 standard and 1 pan) without any issues so far. (2 months). About $10.00 ea on Amazon.

lucky you

great

Two new cams arrived today, and formatted my old 64gb Samsung in Win 7 Exfat, and it worked without a hitch. So thatā€™s two oversized Exfat SD cards working. My Pan Cam and 2 pack of more SD cards arrive tomorrow, so will be going for the quadā€¦ ;p

I have the Samsung EVO 128 GB Select Micro SD card. I paid $24 for it at Amazon. Iā€™ve purchased these before for $20, too, if you catch them on sale. Part# MB-ME128GA/AM

It came formatted as exFAT. I used guiformat.exe to make it FAT32. Slapped it in my v2 cam and it worked fine. Then I put it in my pan cam and it worked there, too.

I noticed that Amazonā€™s Prime Day has a number of Micro SD cards on sale. Anyone ever tried anything in the ScanDisk Extreme product lineā€¦ say the 128G or 256G? Or maybe in the ScanDisk Ultra product line at 256G, 512G or 1TB?