Landscape View For Tablets

Great minds think alike… I didn’t see your crowd funding suggestion, or perhaps I did and took a nap… and forgot I saw it :slight_smile:

I think I recall that I also suggested something similar, to where I’d be willing to donate to that cause as well.

I’m guessing Wyze’s budget would allow for a few iPads for the cause. I still think that the new developers are provided an iPad on day one with the Wyze App, and are forced to use the iPad for all things Wyze (same thing for android tablets).

SJ

1 Like

If the Wyze App on an iPad worked properly in Landscape Mode, and no one was in the forest to see it rotate to Landscape, Did it really rotate to Landscape?

Hey Wyze… how’s that search going for those new programmers that are going to perform the miracle of Landscape?

Asking for a few friends…

SJ

That is a good question, but I am not sure of the answer.

That is also a good question, and also one I do not know the answer to, but I know they are looking. They also know there are many waiting for this.

4 Likes

Time to jump ship and ditch wyze.
Amazon Prime Days
Blink 5 camera kit $199
Unfortunately it’s $120 year unlimited cameras (same location)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08ZN7QCRP?maas=maas_adg_api_5916655800301_macro_3_1&ref_=aa_maas&aa_campaignid=287620537&aa_adgroupid=1251244743548296&aa_creativeid=ad-78202959518295_kwd-78203089563186%3Aloc-4090_dev-m_ext-&msclkid=8f9322031306135126b340cf86706367&th=1&psc=1

The Wyze App remains a mess regarding screen orientation.

When run on a tablet in landscape mode, some screens in the app display in portrait mode and some display in landscape mode. Inexplicably, sometimes when viewing a camera the video will show in landscape, and other times it will display in portrait. This is evident on multiple Android tablet devices running different versions of Android. Let’s clean this up.

All displays in the app should obey the device’s screen orientation.

2 Likes

The App needs a complete re-write for all platforms, and, IMO while doing so, the Wyze Web View should emulate all functionality and views that one see’s on an iPad, Android Tablet and/or iPhone or Android Phone.

Wyze has or is hiring developers to take on this monumental task of rewriting the app to deal with it’s current glaring issues such as this. (or so I am lead to believe)…

I came to this game later than some (dreaming of a Wyze Landscape fantasy world).

I’ve turned my frustration and annoyance to entertainment and humor in this specific thread, as I see nothing tangible occurring with the Wyze App’s current flaws such as this.

I look forward to Wyze popping into this thread someday before I’m dead and buried, and sounding the trumpet that Wyze App V3 has arrived, as well as Wyze Web View “V1”…

Me thinks I’ll be pushing up daises first.

Thank you for contributing to keeping this entertaining “Wishful Thinking List” alive :slight_smile:

SJ

3 Likes

Adding support for iPads and Mac users has never been easier with their new programming algorithms that allow your coding to work over every platform! Please add an iPad version that will allow those with iPads, like myself who uses my iPad as a baby monitor and camera viewer for the Owlet and Nanit baby Cams. Adding support for the iPad would be simple, yes some tweaks would need to be made, but of all your beta users out there as well, like myself, we would assist in finding any issues that may need addressed.

IMPORTANT
I would be more than happy to assist in writing the application and incorporating everyone’s wish of landscape view.

PLEASE ADD IPAD VERSION (especially iPad Pro) OF THE WYZE APP!!

2 Likes

Wyze is hiring: Wyze Careers :+1:

2 Likes

After 4+ years, hundreds of requests, dozens of hard ware devices, many firmware updates and several app updates; WYZE DOES NOT CARE!

The exec team doesn’t care that the app is [Mod Edit] up. They just don’t. If the execs don’t care they will never allocate resources to the dev team.

We need to accept their position and either live with what is available or go to a different hardware/software platform.

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

2 Likes

100% agree. The cameras are starting to fail and products are getting [Mod Edit: worse and worse].

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

1 Like

Edit 7/25 of…? What year? Post shows 2018

Don’t know what year the 07/25 edit was at the top, but my original post about this issue was on Mar 25, 2018 when I wrote … “Given that you own an iPad Pro, do you feel that landscape mode support throughout the app is a priority, as I do? Very awkward now to use the app on an iPad (esp. if in a case). FWIW … I use the app exclusively on a iPad Pro 9.7” (2016 version)." This led to the Wishlist item.

I don’t think iPad support is ever going to get added. It’s been 4 years and 800 posts, they must surely not consider it a priority. I think it’s time to move on and with Matter launching soon, more cameras will be coming that might have good apps, at least with basic idevice support.

MOD NOTE: The reference here to “Matter” prompted a thread of discussion not specifically related to Landscape View For Tablets". Those posts have been split off to this more directly related #wishlist topic: Support Matter protocol. Please hop over there to follow or contribute to the discussion about Matter.

2 Likes

9 posts were merged into an existing topic: Support Matter protocol

At least the mods are just editing the bad words out of our posts instead of deleting our posts.

But it’s obvious we are mad at the lack of real effort by Wyze in fixing the landscape issue.

But if we still keep coming back after 4+ years, it’s like being in an abusive relationship, “yeah but he says he loves me.” (Do they really need to change if we are still here?)

Thanks Wyze. :neutral_face:

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Longer load times and WCO battery death

View in Landscape

I would really like to be able to view my Wyze Cam app, in Landscape not Portrait on my IPad 7.

2 Likes

I research on the regular for better products at reasonable prices, so that when my camera’s fail, i’ll start to replace them with other brands. I already own four Amcrest Camera’s, so it’s a no brainer that my doorbell replacement will be an Amcrest Doorbell (it supports RTSP and a microSD Card). I have the original Video Doorbell, and the “Pro” version did not have the features I want to justify purchasing it.

I have many Wyze products, and for the most part am happy with them. LANDSCAPE support… not so much.

Wyze needs to realize that there are other options out there. And my loyalty to Wyze tetters on this Landscape Issue. If and when I find a better option where the company has a Landscape app that is written for the iPad Pro 12.9" and has products that meet my needs (RTSP, actually works with my Amazon Echo Show, etc…), It might become time to start transitioning away from Wyze as the products fail or are no longer supported.

SJ

2 Likes

I looked into Amcrest, was ‘sold’ until I saw the pricing. Free cloud only gets you live viewing. The cheapest paid subscription is $6 per camera per month!
Any other camera options?
I have 4 arlos with a hub station and I’m paying nothing.
I only have one Wyze cam and so glad I do.

I agree with both of you. I am transitioning away from wyze as products need replacing, but I’m not going to throw away anything that is still working. I have not purchased anything new from wyze in a long time and will not.
The landscape issue is important to me.

2 Likes