Landscape View For Tablets

Don’t count on it. For some reason they seem to have simply decided they are not doing this. Some of us started asking at least 4 years ago. At first they said it was coming. Now they just ignore it.

We have made the Home and Event tabs on iPads landscape, this portion is now in testing as of the 2.42 beta test app.

8 Likes

Finally!! Please note there’s a bug, in landscape mode on iPad, once I click on a group, the group appears in proper landscape (as before, 2x2 view of cameras), but the back button (to get back to the home screen) is missing. The only way back I’ve found, is to rotate the tablet back to portrait (sigh), Still, it’s a beta, bugs are expected, but YAY, finally, nearly 5 years after the requested!!

As mentioned in my post on the beta thread, instead of a single column of cameras/groups (on the home screen), please put up two columns to use the width of landscape. Ditto for Events tab, instead of a single column of events, please put up two columns to make good use of the width!

1 Like

Will this update apply to latest gen iPad Pro, or will landscape be available to all legacy iPads as well?

1 Like

Thank you Jason for working on this. Please let me know if you need any of us to get on and test the beta to provide more feedback.

1 Like

Hoping that this is (at least) the beginning of the end of a LONG, strange trip for @milehiguy :grinning:

3 Likes

That so called fix is not good enough if I still have to rotate the iPad to access the home button

Yes, the more people that test the beta and report findings the better.

3 Likes

Yes and the faster the actual/final version will be released. Plus, then maybe I’ll buy more cameras. Right now I have one and I refuse to these people any of my money until this matter resolved.

1 Like

Can you post a quick link for us to join the beta?

1 Like

Agree: link please :slight_smile:

@cheahfs Become a Beta Tester – Wyze

1 Like

Thanks for the link. Is there a code for Test Flight? I need one to get on the beta.

1 Like

I believe you just need to open this link on your iOS device that has Test Flight installed.

1 Like

Also, be sure to post your feedback here: 2.42 app Beta Test 5/1/2023

Posting in this wishlist topic will probably not be seen by the devs.

1 Like

Anything happening with android?

Thanks Loki, that link worked. I am able to get on the beta and test it out. Will post feedback at 2.42 app Beta Test 5/1/2023

1 Like

This is a BETA
So this is the type of feedback Wyze needs to resolve issues

How/where do I get the code?

@Sethm1 After you install TestFlight on your iOS and tap the link I referenced (and included here), I’m not aware of the need for a code. Are you seeing a request for a code? If so, can you clarify. Or better yet, provide a screenshot?

1 Like