Lamp socket won’t work in one of three sockets

Here’s an odd one. Have three outside lights on one switch , each with a lamp socket installed. Lamp socket 1 has v3 camera attached, lamp socket 2 is about 18 ft away from #1, and lamp socket 3 is about 25 feet away from #2. Camera and lamp sockets 1 & 3 work fine, but lamp socket 2 will not work when installed in middle light socket. Swapped bulbs and lamp sockets around and all work fine when in position 1 or 3 but not in position 2. Verified power to position 2 by just using lightbulb And socket functions normally.
Any ideas?

For socket #2, I’d contact Support to see if a replacement is in order:

Customer Support

There are many ways to contact Wyze. Their phone number is (206) 339-9646, or you can chat with an agent or create a ticket on the support site.

They’re open for support between 4 am-8 pm PT Monday through Friday, and 8 am-4 pm PT Saturdays and Sundays. Closed Easter Sunday.

1 Like

It is possible that the socket in location two has something preventing the Wyze sockets from reaching the bottom and making good contact. It is a little hard from reading your description to tell, but I get the impression that none of the Wyze devices work in that spot?

3 Likes

The Purchased Lamp socket works just fine in any light socket except the one I referred to as #2. Thanks

Possible. I was thinking this has to do with the light socket itself also. Very strange as a normal light bulb will work just fine in the light socket, but none of the Wyze lamp sockets will.

I remember reading a post some time ago about similar issues and people looking for extenders for the sockets to make the Wyze ones work. There was something stopping the Wyze sockets from completely screwing into the sockets. It apparently doesn’t take a lot to make them not reach.

Good to know, thanks. I’ll have to get in there and see if there is some sort of oddity with this particular socket.

Does it work at all in socket 2? Does it like flicker or keep going offline, or does it never power on at all.

Appears to not be getting power at all when in socket 2. The light bulb works in that socket without the Wyze device but when I add a Wyze lamp socket to it the bulb won’t light. Same condition with any of the three known good lamp sockets.

Wondering if #2 is an E27 (European) socket as opposed to an E26 (American) socket. They are only partially interchangable.

1 Like

Interesting thought. I’ll have to take a close look later today. Light fixture itself is the same as #1 and was installed at the same time, but sometimes you just never know.

Works now. Just had to get up into the light socket and bend the center contact point back out a bit. Looks like lamp socket just didn’t go in quite deep enough to make contact.

Thanks all.

4 Likes