Lamp Socket firmware Beta Test 8/29/2022

Version: 0.9.0.29

What’s new:

• Improved lamp socket reliability

[Mod Edit]: Removed embedded space from version number to enhance search clarity.

4 Likes

What’s the difference between these 2? Just more fixes on this one?

1 Like

Yea, I was curious as well. :slight_smile:

@WyzeJasonJ , is there a difference between .27 and .29?

1 Like

Yes, just more connection improvements.

4 Likes

Thanks - appreciate it

1 Like

I wonder if this one also has the bug fix for the timer issues they’ve been working on. The last one did not fix timer issues yet. Though, that may be a V3 firmware we’re waiting on instead of a lamp socket firmware. I am not sure. I will test it out though and report a callout to WyzeDesmond in here if I notice a difference.

2 Likes

Install for three sockets went a bit bumpy. Had to install 2-3 times for 2 sockets. One installed without issue. Did not get the new firmware popup unless I clicked on settings and returned to the camera feed. Had to go to settings > accessories > lamp socket > firmware to update.

I wish that the sockets would show up in the account > firmware listing.

1 Like

When I accessed the camera, the app did give me a pop-up that there was an update for the lamp socket. I told it to go ahead and it did update cleanly the first time and told me it was successful. It seems to work as Wyze wants it to…the light it turning on and off accurately right now, though earlier in the day it didn’t, which was disappointing to me since it was in my kitchen and I WANT it to turn on during the day time when lighting is fairly low…but most people want it to only turn on when it is dark…and it is working when it is dark…just not when there is a little bit of light coming in through my window (but not enough to not need lights). So I think it is working as intended.

It is also triggering fast, and it seems to be stable with a good connection. Will update if anything else significant is worth reporting.

2 Likes

I too wish they were in the firmware page for update. Please add your vote to this wishlist request!

1 Like

Anything for the cameras or smart plugs? Esp the plugs.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.